1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

so who we gonna get #1?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by lane, Dec 16, 2005.

1. lane

lane The Chairman

10,367 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    wr mike hass oregon state
    c greg eslinger minnesota
    ot eric winston miami
    ot marcus mcneil auburn

surely one of these 4 will be there when we pick.

i'd take any one of these 4.
  2. DeWare94

DeWare94 Member

952 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  3. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,218 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    I doubt it. OL or LB is my guess.
  4. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wish there were some kind of magic that would let us somehow get D'Brickashaw Ferguson. :cry3:

Oh well, I'll have to settle for a Super Bowl win instead. :dance3:
  5. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,665 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Eric Winston would be a steal.

This guy is alot like Robert Gallery. A 'tweener in HS (in this case, a TE switched to OT) so in all honesty, he hasn't fully developed at the position yet.

Winston is coming off a knee injury. If not for that last year, he would've been a HIGH 1st round pick. He struggled this year, badly. He played HORRIBLY against FSU in the opener, but as his knee healed and he got more back into the speed of the game, he got better and better. He isn't 100% back to where he was his junior season, but he is awfully close.

If Winston is on the board at our pick, I hope it takes us about 30 seconds to scoop the guy up.
  6. ghettogandhi

ghettogandhi Member

994 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Priority list for offseason

1) oline man 2x Need a tackle and a center
    2) linebackers 2x
    3) free safety
    4) young wr to go with crayton
  7. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, we BIG TIME need a center who can hold his ground. This is getting to be pitiful.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,044 Messages
    872 Likes Received
    Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio State.
  9. lane

lane The Chairman

10,367 Messages
    328 Likes Received

i could see us taking a lb now that dat is probably finished.

i would pick a eslinger or hass if i had anything to do with it...........which i don't....:banghead:
  10. DeWare94

DeWare94 Member

952 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what are the chances of Dwayne Slay being available for our second round pick?

if we can get a real good safety in the 2nd then i wouldn't mind an olineman in the draft, but there's always free agency.
  11. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,044 Messages
    872 Likes Received
    Fairly good. Safeties do not go high usually and this year there are quite a few who could be rated ahed of him.
  12. lane

lane The Chairman

10,367 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    i still think justin beriault will be our fs next year.
  13. 2much2soon

2much2soon Active Member

2,431 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    don't know if he will make a good pro but Hass was very impressive at the college level.
  14. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,366 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'm with ya junk on this one........
  15. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,332 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    A few more names to consider:
    LB Carpenter OSU the type of LB BP likes and could play inside
    FS Laron Landry LSU, ball hawk, runs about a 3.8 40 when the ball is in the air
    WR Santonio Holmes OSU, Terry Glenn type WR but also can return kicks, speedy
    FS Darnell Bing USC, hasn't played as well as hoped but athleticism is there and been injured
    FS Jason Allen UTenn, serious injury, if he would've played at 100% all season I'd probably have him ranked #1 FS, also played well at CB and great size
    S/CB Jimmy Williams, VTech, better S than CB, incredible athlete
    FS, Michael Huff, FS, solid in coverage
    OT/OG, Davin Joseph, OU, doing okay at T but truly a OG and a darn good one.
    OG, Gean-Jiles, UGA, monster
    LB, Hodge, Iowa
    DE, Elvis Dumervil, DE in college but might be able to play like Ware in the LB/DE role. That could make him more attractive to us.
    I think Landry has played the best of all these FS's this year but any of them could turn out great in the pros. Very deep S draft IMO. I'm sure Williams will try to make it as a CB (more $$$) but he's better at S. I like Slay but I think he could be better in coverage. Holmes is probably the best value pick in the first if he's still there. I think we can get a G in the second.
    There are no C's worth a pick this year IMO. We have to get Bentley IMO.

I like the first four guys mentioned in this thread plus these guys and FS Slay from TTech in the first or second. I'd also accept a trade down in order to make a run at Brady Quinn in '07.
  16. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    some other names to consider

Minnesota C Greg Eslinger
    USC OT Winston Justice (he's rising up draft boards)
    Maryland MLB D'Qwell Jackson
  17. SALADIN

SALADIN Jumper

1,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My man Hos!

Yea, I've been watching Carpenter real close the last 2 years and I've never thought that Hawk was better then him.

B. Carpenter can play in the Cowboys Defense and be productive. He can put his hand on the ground or stand up and rush and seems to be every much the athlete Hawk is to be trustworthly in coverage.

Carpenter may slide this year because of his injury but I really think that he may be that kind of player who can recover, test well, and most of all allow the scouts to gather enough film (if he plays vs Ohio State) evaualate him and get him at a value.

Next year we have one that we agree on :cool:
  18. parchy

parchy New Member

2,252 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We don't need a tackle. Flo is only 30 and we've spent an entire year baptizing Pettiti by fire. He appears to have the stuff to be a solid contributor, so I don't see why we'd draft somebody to take his place... plus there are so many other places we need help. Max-Jean Gilles, the G from Georgia would be fantastic. He plays a lot like LA did in his prime... has that size/look to him.
  19. jumanji

jumanji Member

678 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    carpenter will be a 4th rounder
  20. Anguillidae

Anguillidae Member

430 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    We need an offensive tackle. Eric Winston would be a good choise if he lasts that long. Winston Justice is also a possibility.

We need WR and LBs in the 2nd and 3rd round.