1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

SODOG AND HOSTILE draft top target for the boys..

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by scrives, Feb 28, 2011.

1. scrives

scrives Member

197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who is the top target in the draft for the Boys from what you are hearing and in what order???

Patrick Petterson
    Tyron Smith
    JJ Watt
    Nick Fairly
    Marcell Dareus
    Prince Amukamara
  2. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,490 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    lol...sodog. Where you at, bro? :D
  4. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dont tell anyone but Hostile told me in a PM that his SOURCES says our #1 TARGET IS CAM NEWTON!

He'll deny it if you ask him directly in a thread like this, so you have to PM. Do it, everyone PM him and ask, he'll tell the truth that way only!
  5. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I`m sure Hos will appreciate this.:laugh1:
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,907 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    Ouch!

That left a mark.

I think if the Cowboys can get Patrick Peterson they will. If they can't I believe they will take Tyron Smith. The only thing that might stop them is if they get a good offer for a trade down to add picks.
  7. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I heard you'd been spreading this tale.:eek:
  8. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,817 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    I also heard that Romos injury was much more severe than we have been lead to believe. They had to amputate.

Jerry hired a look a like to walk around etc. until the draft, so we dont give away that we want Scam/Sham Newton
  9. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I got nothing to add except I honestly believe Jordan and Watt are right there with Smith as of right now.
  10. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,807 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    Gawd i hope not. Thats horrible on too many levels to discuss.
  11. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,020 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    Any thoughts as to Alex Henery at #9? Heard he once kicked a football over some mountains or something.
  12. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    About 90% of the league disagrees with you right now
  13. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,807 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    Thats fine, but with the way things are leading, if Dallas picked jordan or watt over a prince, quinn, possibly fairley. Tyron, One of them will be there at 9 guaranteed. It would be a horrible fail.

Jordan is supposed to be this sackaholic. He had 5 sacks this yr. Fugg out of here he's a top 9 pick because he had a good week at sr bowl.

Watt he's a white Marcus Spears.

Yes they're good, but theyre not top 9 if your drafting them to play in a 3-4. Noway
  14. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Define horrible fail......

Is that simply something you don't like because (i) you have no way of predicting the future (ii) every player you mentioned has just as many if not more questions.

Prince is supposed to be a shut down corner but got abused by top level WR's

Quinn has the most question marks of all the prospects you mentioned and has not exactly blown away the combine as predicted

Players who are once considered possible top choices for the #1 pick dont drop out of the top 10 2 months before the draft with out having serious questions.

Smith probably has the longest developmental turn around time of every prospect you listed.

Again, I don't understand your criteria and balk at your definition of fail.
  15. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,807 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    Horrible fail because they'll be DE's in a 3-4. They might be good picks for other teams, but for a 3-4 team picking 9, NO. Balk all you want, ill take my free base:)
  16. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

Yes, it's apparent DE is not important in a 3-4. How silly of me. We shall be content with what we have.

Carry on.
  17. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,807 Messages
    1,884 Likes Received
    so ud take jordan or watt over quinn, tyron or prince? really? IMO prince will be a FS in dallas
  18. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I would take Jordan and Watt over Quinn and to clairify, I would not take any of them at 9. Tyron over all of them and Dallas will not draft Prince at 9 just to play him at safety but pay him CB money.

This Quinn love is absurd, I really want to know how many people pimping him like he's the second coming of ****** have really done anything more then chewed up the hype and drooled over a highlight video or two.

I'm telling you and you can take it with a grain of salt and call me crazy and I really dont care but the impression of Quinn on this board does not reflect the majority of the league.

He is by no means locked into the top 10 at this point.
  19. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,095 Messages
    454 Likes Received
    "Never argue with an idiot because they will only bring you down to their level."
  20. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

The more I think about this the less sense it makes. Your criticize taking a DE because we play the 3-4 despite the fact we need one but are promoting taking a OLB that would be a backup to Spencer which leads me to believe this is more of an agenda against Spencer then the dominant Igor, Hatcher, Bowen and Spears combo.