1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sole Possession of 1st PLACE !!!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Michael88Irvin, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Michael88Irvin

Michael88Irvin Member

215 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    After beating the NY Football Giants on Sunday we will have sole possession of 1st place:

4-2 Dallas Cowboys
    3-2 Washington Redskins (Will get spanked by KC)
    3-2 New York Giants (thanks to u know who)
    3-2 Philadelphia Eagles (uh, huh)

Week 7 & 8, we will separate ourselves from the pack with victories over Seattle & Arizona, while...

New York has a good chance of losing to Denver and then has a division game week 8 hosting the Redskins:

NYG: 4-3 after week 8

Washington should beat SF (not guaranteed) but will lose to NYG

WAS: 4-3 after week 8

Philly may lose to SD (they will be desperate) week 7 after their bye week 6 and very well could lose IN DENVER (who is currently 4-1) week 8:

PHI: 3-4 after week 8

We take care of business at home week 6 & 8 and in Seattle week 7:

:starspin DAL: 6-2 after week 8 (2.5 game lead going into our bye) :starspin
  2. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    slow down partner...let's play the game first.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,232 Messages
    4,556 Likes Received
    I like your enthusiasm however....

[IMG]

:cool:
  4. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  5. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    The NFC East is to ogood to be won by more than a game by anyone, let alone us leading by 2.5 mid season.
  6. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Why stop at the 8th week? What will be the results of the other games?
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,389 Messages
    3,727 Likes Received
    Crystal ball has an 8 game limit before being recharged. LOL
  8. BrAinPaiNt

61,232 Messages
    4,556 Likes Received

Looks like a pic that Hos would love..with all of his Hosims. :p:
  9. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Oh darn, i wanted another good laugh. :p:
  10. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,391 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why don't we concentrate on the Giants first and let the rest of the division take care of itself.
  11. RedskinsOne

RedskinsOne Benched

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    After the Redskins win against Kansas City this Sunday and the Giants tie the Dallas Cowboys.
  12. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,150 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Slow down there. We have some big games coming up. NYG aren't a joke and neither are the Seahawks.

We'll be lucky to split those two games ... giving us a 4-3 record.
  13. Michael88Irvin

Michael88Irvin Member

215 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you think victories against the NYG at HOME (who are 3-1 in due to victories against the piss-poor AZ Cards, displaced NO Saints and the mediocre Rams, and one pasting vs a real team) and the above mentioned AZ Cards at HOME, and toughing out a win vs. Seattle on the road (who we beat last year with a lesser team IN SEATTLE) is not a valid expectation... why bother being a fan? I don't go into games expecting to lose as many here do (and did last week).

I am on record predicting a destruction of Philly (33-17 - as u now know we beat them even worse)... sadly a majority of the fans here can't even say they expected a marginal victory.

Mark my words: WE WILL WIN THOSE GAMES.

Thanks for the humorous patronization. Enjoy Sunday.
  14. BrAinPaiNt

61,232 Messages
    4,556 Likes Received

I didn't expect to lose to the Redskins At home During the Triplets induction to the ROH.

But we did. :mad:
  15. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I agree. Amazes me to see Cowboy fans pick against their team. In a league where any team can beat any team any given week. You are the kindof fan i respect. ;)

Go Cowboys.
  16. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,792 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Don't expect other teams to just lay down. I expect every NFC east teams to win their game. We just need to concentrate and beat our weekly opponents. If other teams lose then that's just gravy. I want to win the EAST and not just given to us.
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,389 Messages
    3,727 Likes Received
    I just look 1 game at a time. Sorry I’m just not into looking at the schedule and say we win this one and lose this one. It never works out that way so I look at our schedule 1 game at a time and hope like hell that is what our players are doing. In all the years of watching this franchise one thing always holds true and that is we will win some games we should have lost and lose some games we should have won.
  18. 31WillHammerU

31WillHammerU New Member

443 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    MNF against the Redskins = anything can happen. Always has, always will. I'm never comfortable when we play them on MNF.
  19. Michael88Irvin

Michael88Irvin Member

215 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, and u know as well as anyone that we dismantled them for 57 minutes even though we employed the 'play not to lose' game plan (review the game... score should have been 28-0)... and had we not 'played not to lose', we would have destroyed them just the same as the eagles. That was coaches gameplanning / playcalling that let the Foreskins hang around... step on the neck (as we have the talent to do - obviously) and we win decisively.

The same plan was employed in Oakland (coaches: "hmm, OAK has the 31st ranked Pass D, top 10 run D... OK, let's go with the "run-first,:pray2: 'pray we don't lose' gameplan"... duh?!) & SF (not a bad win considering we spotted them 18 points to make it interesting, but still would not have been close had we started the game with an agressive gameplan.)

The coaches and early gameplans (1-4) handcuffed us, and now the handcuffs are off. Talent, aggression and desire win games fellas... and we have a ton of each!

IF the 70's / 90's cowboys fans could hear some of you now... :puke:
  20. BrAinPaiNt

61,232 Messages
    4,556 Likes Received

You will get no argument as to why we lost.

Just making a point that just because someone on a message board says we will win this game and that game and then be in first place...does not mean it will happen.

They play the games for a reason...if they didn't the Redskins would have won that last 5-10 superbowls :p: