1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Some Fans Overreact

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jr40usa, Dec 4, 2012.

1. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,236 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    so, 8-8 every year ("average") would be OK with you?
  2. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,316 Messages
    520 Likes Received
    :whip:
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,282 Messages
    1,753 Likes Received
    I can promise you the Redskin fans and Giant fans are looking at the playoffs and hoping their team makes it. You can wallow in pity alone or with a few others around here, myself I'm doing exactly what the other fans are doing in Washington and in New York and that is pulling for my team to make it.
  4. Doomsday101

75,282 Messages
    1,753 Likes Received
    No cult just not going to sit here acting like some spoiled little brat, things are not going the way I want so boo hoo. You can have it I don't need it, I'm a fan I pull for my team you can do what you want.
  5. TVMan

TVMan Active Member

790 Messages
    52 Likes Received
  6. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,639 Messages
    1,251 Likes Received
    Nice of you to call names when someone expresses their opinion on the end results.

So just to be clear, what is the exact over/under on wins and loses to be considered someone opining versus being a spoiled little brat?

Since you're a moderator I propose your comment will be the official position.
  7. visionary

7,236 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    when the slogans are 'hope' and 'believe' and 'have faith'

despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary

that is the definition of a cult
  8. Doomsday101

75,282 Messages
    1,753 Likes Received
    I call it like it is, don't like it? Boo Hoo

You guys sit here and complain anyone says anything positive or make a comment that this team is in the hunt and all of a sudden that is not reality and only you guys who spout negitives and have writen the season off are the only ones who know the truth. You don't

I Speak on my behalf no one elses so only offical stance is my own.
  9. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Okay Ricky Bobby.
  10. Doomsday101

75,282 Messages
    1,753 Likes Received
    What evidence? Washington and Dallas are tied NY is 1 game up there are 4 games left that is the facts. There is no certainty that the Cowboys will make it but the same could be said for Washington and New York. You give up good for you.

I can ensure you Washington fans and New York fan are hoping, believing and having faith their teams can do it. They are fans, so if you definition of cult is those who are fans then I'm guilty as charged.
  11. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,639 Messages
    1,251 Likes Received
    I question how appropriate this comment is?
  12. Doomsday101

75,282 Messages
    1,753 Likes Received
    Then question it. Get over yourself.
  13. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    So, what the purpose of this thread? Nobody should get their hopes up? There are posts about how bad the Cowboys suck in every thread. Perhaps you were just letting everyone know that we dont play the Eagles again. Sorry, everyone here knows the schedule. All the fans that "believe" or whatever are fully aware of the odds not being in our favor but we are fortunate to be in the situation we are with all the bad play and thats probably why some fans still have hope. You made a thread to let these fans know how ignorant they are and ridicule them?
    Really, please tell me the purpose of this thread.
  14. visionary

7,236 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    NY has won 2 SBs in the last 4 years and both times have done it after poor starts

Washington is starting a rookie QB and RB so their fans are hoping that this is a sign of things to come

night and day from where we are
  15. Doomsday101

75,282 Messages
    1,753 Likes Received
    That is the whole deal, Some have written the season off and want to tell others they should as well? Give me a break, if some want to write it off then go ahead there is no need to tell others to follow their own negitive views.

Dallas may not make it there is no question about that but they are in a position right now that gives them a shot. It is not drinking kool-aid or rose color glasses it is fact. NY and Washington have their own issues to overcome as do the Cowboys
  16. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,836 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    If we want to talk about hope and believe, O.K. I hope we make the playoffs, but I don't believe we will. How's that?

Too many injuries, bad coaching decisions, penalties, inconsistent play on both sides of the ball, turnovers, etc. Not a formula for a late season run, but I hope we make one.
  17. Doomsday101

75,282 Messages
    1,753 Likes Received
    Telling me what happened in the past does not guarantee anything in the future. As for Washington sure they have a reason to be excited and as a Cowboy fan I have reason to be excited, Dez looks like he is finally getting it together and playing very good ball, Murray back in the lineup may help this running game and puts another playmaker in the lineup something we did not have last year due to his missing the last portion of the season.

Again you want to write off the season be my guest but questioning others who hold out hope just because you don't is going to draw comments in response.

No one is pretending this is a lock or some sure thing, Cowboys have an uphill battle in front of them and many of their fans are pulling for them to do just that, you want to play DMN columnist then go for it
  18. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,439 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    what is really sad is how many here seem OK with average.
  19. Doomsday101

75,282 Messages
    1,753 Likes Received
    what ever floats your boat. But hope, faith is what other fans are doing just as well and other teams have things they have to overcome to make it to the post season. NY is not running away with it they have flaws, Washington has flaws but their fans are solidly behind them.
  20. Doomsday101

75,282 Messages
    1,753 Likes Received
    Who is happy about avg? This is where we are right now tied for 2nd with Washington, 1 game back of NY who we split with and with a better divisional record with 4 games left.

Would I have liked to have seen the Cowboys play better than they have this season? sure no doubt about it, very disappointed but this is the boat we are in and unlike some I will continue to pull for this team to overcome the negitives of this season.

It is not a matter of accepting avg play it is a matter of fans standing up and pulling for their team that is what fans do they pull for their team good times and bad but then I don't think some of you have a clue. You are want to be DMN writers that when things are not going how you would like just wash your hands of the team.