1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Some interesting Broaddus tweets FWIW

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Feb 17, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,487 Likes Received
    Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
    “@v_valdez89: @BryanBroaddus can you see the cowboys drafting Jarvis Jones if he falls to 18?” No not really.
    View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

“@Mendezz_559: @BryanBroaddus If Floyd, Richardson, and Fisher are taken before 18 do you think we go get Vaccaro or Ansah?” Maybe Cooper.

“@PriscoCBS: I know he's bigger, but Alabama's Fluker reminds me of Leon Searcy” Flozell Adams.

“@RGiles36: @BryanBroaddus Think Cooper is strong enough to play RG? Seems that's where we need help for run game.” Believe he would be fine

“@LVO__: @BryanBroaddus who are some 2nd day guys you see good potential in?” Cyprien Warford Short Kelce Austin Pugh

“@CoreyGrodner: @BryanBroaddus what do the cowboys think of Barrett Jones?” Not to highly.

“@tatoquiroz: @Brandon_2424 @bryanbroaddus @coreygrodner injury prone, lacks quickness and strength.” On ground a lot as well.
    Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,852 Messages
    1,692 Likes Received
    one reason I hate tweet crap is trying to figure out what they are trying to say.
  3. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I hate the new "2nd day" term. Makes me think of the 4-7 round guys when the draft was setup correctly.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,708 Messages
    9,937 Likes Received
    Yeah, they had to drag me kicking and screaming to refer to guys as 3rd day prospects, but it is what it is.
  5. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,177 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    disappointed that we don't like Jones....
  6. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If that is really true, Broaddus needs to keep his mouth shut. Why would Dallas want this guy blabbing about how they really feel about draft prospects?? Either make sure he doesn't get any info by firing him, or tell him not to report that type of thing (or he will be fired).
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,509 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    Could be a smokescreen though.
    I'm not sure Broaddus would be willing to fall on the sword though, so I doubt it.
  8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Maybe they don't like Jones' injury.

Or maybe they just think he's one of those guys who is great in college but not talented enough to be that good in the pros. It's very possible.

Or maybe it's a smokescreen.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,708 Messages
    9,937 Likes Received
    I doubt he knows much more than you do about who the Cowboys like. But he likes to feel important.
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Jones has been overrated on this board for a while. He is a good college lineman at multiple positions, but I don't think he will be anything more than average in the pros.
  11. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    Cowboys don't tell Broaddus much.

He is a media member.
    Sure he has inside info after the fact but they aren't laying out the board with him around.

He is using common sense here.

Jones is a 3-4 OLB and we just jettisoned that scheme. Why would he be a target for us?
  12. DFWJC

23,509 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    Barrett Jones.
    C/OG
  13. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    “@v_valdez89: @BryanBroaddus can you see the cowboys drafting Jarvis Jones if he falls to 18?” No not really.

Broaddus indicates Dallas isn't high on EITHER of these Jones. No mention of Datone yet... lol.
  14. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.....and here is why: his teammates at Bama were OVERWHELMING. Physically, athletically and in EVERY way they dominated. In the pros his teammates will be very good but they won't dominate their opponent like Fluker and Warmack and Co. did...just not going to happen. Barret is solid IMO....likely a 3rd or 4th rounder, but his lack of athletecism and power at the point of attack makes him average overall IMO.
  15. DFWJC

23,509 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    “@CoreyGrodner: @BryanBroaddus what do the cowboys think of Barrett Jones?” Not to highly.
    :D

We were just looking at different tweets.
  16. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    The real why is laziness.

I saw a lot of Bama football this year and saw the LSU game on youtube where I watched every snap on offense focused on the great Bama OL. I watched most of those snaps 2 and 3 times.

This wasn't some final week after Barrett was again injured.

And Verne was talking up Jones frequently which is silly when the other Bama OL outplayed him easily. They had tougher guys to block and when they made blocks they made them with explosion and domination quite frequently. Barrett generally did enough to keep his QB clean and made lanes for RBs. But he relied on technique to wall off SEC defenders and to buy his QB time. Other Bama OL punished defenders. Guys like Richardson and Floyd where never 1 on 1 with Barrett Jones (in 2012). He always had help when he faced them in 2012.

I am willing to change my opinion if someone has all this tape from 2011 to present. But I will trust my eyes over collegiate awards,

Barrett Jones was still an outstanding SEC OC. Much like Ben Jones.

Ben Jones went in round 4 last year.

Barrett Jones has more experience along the line and probably goes about 20 picks higher.

I understand fans want to improve this OL terribly but they tend to go goofy with suggestions to do so. This time last year virtually every board member swore DeCastro was a top 10 pick and the best OG prospect they've ever seen. He was drafted 24....
  17. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,702 Messages
    5,859 Likes Received
    Fans/media opinions tend to be heavily swayed by the announcers.

I watch a lot of games on Tivo without the sound. Sometimes when I read multiple fans/media proclaiming something that was much different than what I saw, I go back and watch with the sound on. It almost always turns out that the theme of the announcers was just regurgitated by the fans/media.
  18. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,193 Messages
    2,030 Likes Received

I think some teams don't like the idea of him getting in the face of his QB. I mean, imagine if he were on the Cowboys and he did that with Romo. That would not go over very well.
  19. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I think it's more what jt and newlander said. The guy is talked up a lot for his intelligence and his ability to play different positions, but in the pros that won't matter a bit if he doesn't have the physical ability to be good at the next level.

And I agree with those posters on his ability. Not saying he can't be a good player, but he seems like a guy who pro scouts don't like nearly as much as the college announcers and the internet draft gurus. Every year there are guys just like him.
  20. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,852 Messages
    1,692 Likes Received
    I think he is being put in the area of jack of all trades master of none

really GOOD guy to have as depth since he can play virtually any position on the line but not a top player at any single position