1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Some of my guitar compositions

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by jem88, Dec 16, 2007.

1. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In the unlikely event that anybody's interested, you can hear some of the stuff I've come up with over the last 10 years by following the link below. Some I like, others not so much. Feedback welcomed.

http://www.reverbnation.com:80/jeremygiles
  2. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Hey...Thank you...

Very much liked Autumn Part Two...Mentira...and also Casey Niccoli (very much..I love open chord sounds) and Some 60's Song...You've got a knack for interesting chord changes...and I also like the dissonant chords. I'd love to hear you lay down some melody tracks over some of these.

I truly appreciate how difficult it is to play...and record (cleanly) with an acoustic guitar.

What are you recording with? I just took the plunge with Sonar and Acid Pro...all my stuff has been recording on an AW4416 old warhorse..can't wait until I know what I'm doing with the new software.

Here's me...johndvisconti.com

On my site, I have a lot of acoustic instrumentals.

Thanks again for sharing your stuff.
  3. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey, thanks man!

All of them, except Exploding Cell were recorded straight into my Mac- pretty low-fi, and all of them one take, with a few overdubbed guitars. I just messed around with the chord progressions and then recorded.

Exploding Cell I recorded almost 10 years ago on my Tascam 4-track (I had a lot of free time on my hands back then!) That's why there's a lot more layering (even some e-bow, which I loved using but sadly have lost.) I'm definately going to check out your stuff today.

Thanks again.