1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Some speculation to pass on about the team's "mystery interviews"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by honyock, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

774 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Interesting postulation... could explain the 'radio silence' regarding specifics from Jerry. he maybe waiting until after the national championship game for an announcement. alot of if's, though...
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,616 Messages
    4,168 Likes Received
    Cliff Notes:

Jerry might be looking to hire a GM; however, he would give him a different title (consultant or advisor) because Jerry will never give up being the "GM".

Nick Saban is reported to be burned out and being in his sixties, might want something with less stress.

Garrett and Saban have a close relationship.
  3. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,282 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    Yes, that's it in a nutshell. Just some speculative connecting the dots.
  4. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The name "Mike Holmgren" is flaoting around too. He and Jerry Jones are close. In Jerr's last interview he said how he will consuting with others outside the organization for direction. I'm sure Saban and Holmgren need to cehck their voice mail.
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,651 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    Guys like Cowher, Saban, Gruden, and last year, Fisher, are not coming to Dallas unless they get control that at least matches what Parcells had.

Nobody wants to come in and have to deal with Jerry the GM. The owner? yes.
    But not the GM.
  6. Macnalty

Macnalty Active Member

958 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    I just got very uncomfortable with all this speculation as it falls right in line with Jerry's way of thinking.
  7. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,486 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    Back when the rumor broke out that Jerry's private plane was spotted in Alabama is when all that ruckus started to happen.

This is another speculation on my part, from info I read somewhere else, but here goes:

Joe D might be replaced as the ST coach by Bobby Williams who is the ST coordinator at Alabama with Saban's crew.
  8. pastordug

pastordug Active Member

102 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I can almost assure you (since I live here in Bama Nation) that Saban is NOT going anywhere for anything next year. He is currently under contract through 2017 and with the money he is making along with the cost of living here (can you say low property tax) there is NO WAY he is leaving.
    :cool:
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,563 Messages
    5,291 Likes Received
    This makes more sense to me.
  10. Macnalty

Macnalty Active Member

958 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    That the problem Jerry does not think like you or I.
  11. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I couldn't even finish the OP because it was so ludicrous.
  12. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,285 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    What a garbage post.

Jimmy (and staff) absolutely had an advantage in knowing collegiate talent coming out (since they had been recruiting them out of high school) when he took this job. He had Mike Irvin here ironically. He also had pick 1 overall which is pretty nice to have. Then he backed that up with another top overall drafting team ranking. Then when Jerry wouldn't pay Herschel Jimmy traded him for a mother lode.

That has absolutely zero to do with anything except that his model of relying upon asst coaches to evaluate talent was terrible after a couple seasons. That is a system Jerry actually kept in place until BP got here.

This post was completely non-sequitar. If you want a zillionth jimmy/jerry thread go start one.

Sabin is a great collegiate coach. He is likely ALREADY one of Jerry's bevy of paid advisors.

This is a non-story IMHO. Sabin isn't coming here in any real official role. And he has likely been advising Jerry for a couple seasons and is one of the reasons Jerry latched onto Redball when he did.