1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Some trivia

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by stag hunter, Aug 20, 2005.

1. stag hunter

stag hunter Hater

603 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was on a flight back from Seattle today with nothing to do, so I thought up a few good trivia questions.. Give them a shot without looking up the answers... everyone knows how to use google.

1. During Emmitt's 2 game "holdout" in the '93 season, he was replaced primarily by which two tailbacks? (hint: they shared the same first name)

2. Most people know that during Tony Dorsett's record setting 99 yard TD run the Cowboys only had 10 guys on the field. Who was the player that was missing?

3. What hard hitting former Falcons safety finished his career with the Cowboys, getting a ring and forcing a fumble in the superbowl?

4. After Superbowl XXVII, a shoe commercial aired featuring several Cowboys riding in a car being driven by Jimmy Johnson. What shoe was the commercial for, and what notable hitch-hiker do they pass on the road?

5. Dallas is not the first NFL team to be nicknamed the Cowboys. What other city at one point had a team called the Cowboys?

Just five of them for now.. Some of those are pretty tough, I'd be interested to see who knows them off the top of their head.
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,576 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    Without "cheating"

1. Derrick Lassic?

2. I have no idea.

3. Hmmm... I wanna say James Washington, but that seems too easy. Was it Everett (can't remember his first name).

4. It's right there... just can't remember. Was it Jerry Jones?

5. As far as I know, there was never another "Cowboys" in NFL history. There was once a Dallas Texans (now the Kansas City Cheifs) though. I'm interested in knowing the answer to this one.
  3. DLK150

DLK150 The Quiet Man

1,311 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    1.Derrick Gainer and Derrick Lassic

2. Ron Springs

3. Not sure.

4. Nike? It was Jerry they passed though.

5. I know the answer, but only because I looked it up so I won't post it.
  4. Jack Burton

Jack Burton It's all in the reflexes.

368 Messages
    81 Likes Received

1. Derrick Gainer and Derrick Lasick??. Those are the only two with the same first name I can think of.

2. Don't know. Tony Hill?

3. Scott Case.

4. Nike, Jerry Jones.

5. No clue.
  5. DLK150

DLK150 The Quiet Man

1,311 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    That sounds right.
  6. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,576 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    Yep, it is Scott Case. I think I drank too much yesterday. That was an easy one.
  7. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,585 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    1. Derrick Lassick and Derrick Gainer

2. Ron Springs... as a matter of fact Tony TOLD him to leave...

3. Scott Case. James Washington came from the Rams in 90 and Thomas Everett from the Steelers in 92.

4. Apex, Jerry Jones. The Cowboys didn't align with Nike until 1995.

5. Damn... got me on that one.
  8. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    27 Likes Received
  9. stag hunter

stag hunter Hater

603 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Irving Cowboys gets 1-4 right and Amarillo you got the last one... How cool would it be to hunt down some Kansas City Cowboys merchandise?