1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Someone clarify this for me, because I don't live in Texas...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DOUBLE WING, Nov 9, 2012.

1. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

2,990 Messages
    544 Likes Received
    So am I to understand that Jerry and Stephen Jones combine for THREE radio shows every single week??

Can someone who lives in Dallas please tell me what on God's green earth these two spend THREE separate shows discussing? How long is each show? An hour??

What on earth could Jerry possibly have to say in his second show that he didn't say in his first? And what could Stephen possibly have to say that his daddy didnt already say in his two shows?
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,427 Messages
    6,484 Likes Received
    I may be wrong but I believe Stephen just calls in for a weekly interview.

But your point remains. There lies your problem with the Dallas Cowboys.
  3. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not sure I do not live in Dallas I know in Houston Kubiak has an Hour show then Kubiaks hand picked GM Rick has a show
  4. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

719 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    Themself.
  5. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,395 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    I know Jerry has a show once a week and I think Steven calls in once a week. Maybe they do more but I cant stand to hear Jerry's nonsense so I never listen.

Its my understanding that the station these shows air on had to purchase the rights for broadcasting the games and being the "official home of the Cowboys", which I guess is standard operating procedure across the league but it strikes me as a conflict of interest but I could be way off base here
  6. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Like that in all the football markets I have visited or listen to and most the GM's have a radio Show. I also here a lot of GM's from other Teams that are about to play the Texans come on Houston Sports Talk Radio as guess.

Jerry is the GM so guess what like most GM's he has a local show
  7. D29Murray

D29Murray New Member

378 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They're on for like 8-10 minutes. Not like it takes up a 3 hour block of their lives.
  8. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Can we find a comfortable and rational medium between claiming that every little thing about this organization is a problem and claiming that every little thing about this organization is sunshine and lollipops?

This falls very squarely in the, "Very normal, not unusual, not the problem" category.
  9. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,344 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    Really? :facepalm:
  10. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,582 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    This is not a problem. They are BRUTAL in their criticism of the team, coaches and front office when it is deserved.
  11. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,395 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    fair enough, I rarely listen to that station and the one time I did was after the first game and they were all saying the Cowboys were a shoe in for the Super Bowl. As happy as I was about the win, I thought that was an irrational and over the top thing to say after one game
  12. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Jerry is actual pretty funny in the interviews. They aren't an hour long though. Today they were discussing coke/Pepsi.
  13. Risen Star

20,427 Messages
    6,484 Likes Received
    Yes. Really. The ego that leads to that is what also has destroyed our front office structure.
  14. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    I struggle to understand the correlation between weekly radio show, and underwhelming football team.
  15. Risen Star

20,427 Messages
    6,484 Likes Received
    Really? Seems obvious to me.

It's a visibility thing. An ego thing. An inability to be in the background thing.

It's why they run the personnel on the team and why they'll talk to any microphone that will have them.