1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Something does not quite add up Jerra

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by GimmeTheBall!, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,233 Messages
    1,974 Likes Received
    We have no money to spend, we can barely afford to keep the lights on. I hate to break it to you, but there is no master plan afoot.
  2. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,388 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    Thanks fer conveying what I could not before. You could be a teachers assistant and stuff.
  3. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,284 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Just kidding, really picking on Calvin...that is his job! :p:
  4. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,290 Messages
    1,254 Likes Received
    Romo, Ware, Witten Ratliff, Hatcher and Spencer are all barely starting their 30's. Where is the age? Romo has barely been starting 7 yrs. Its not out of the question to think he cant start until 37-39. Guy hasnt shown any signs of wear on his body. Or any big injuries.
  5. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,082 Messages
    492 Likes Received
    dont let facts get in the way. heck there is a younger qb with a team that is scared of next year if he takes another big hit. and dont be impressed with our aging back up qb either.

anything over the age of 27 must be old.
  6. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,290 Messages
    1,254 Likes Received
    It amazes me who ******** fans get.

There are literally only 7 players that are in their 30s and Romo and LP are the oldest at 32. And 4 barely turned 30. And with Romo Barely has 7 yrs of playing time. Not out of the question that he can play 5-6 more.

And there are 48 players 26 and under. This team is aging.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,043 Messages
    3,960 Likes Received
    A lot of it has to do with the influx of good young QBs onto competitive rosters this season. Fans see that and know the arrow's pointing up still in those young QBs' careers, and the arrow's pointing down on Romo (in terms of his age, at least), and think Dallas' relative position is diminishing, with the current roster never having won anything of significance.

It makes them want to trade the QB and start over so they can have a QB on the rise again. And, because the QB is the face of the team, that projection extends to the whole roster.

It's an emotional reaction, not a rational one. I understand it, but, I agree, it's not accurate and it's pretty silly, overall.
  8. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,174 Messages
    1,800 Likes Received

WARNING!!!!!

You have exceeded the safety limit for using the word "barely" in one post
  9. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,278 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    I don't think there is some great behind the scenes plan that you should be waiting for.

Jerry is always an optimist, sees that they went 8-8 last year with major injuries and figures that with a healthy defense and the new whiz bang super great move to the 4-3, there shouldn't be an issues. Keep the team together and make another go at it.

That, combined with the fact that they have painted themselves in a corner a bit with the salary cap, means it'll probably be a draft and bargain basement FA class only this year.
  10. Snacks

Snacks Benched

13 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah our cap space is what doesn't add up to having the ability to make a move.
  11. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,240 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    Please, don't tease me.:)
  12. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,675 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  13. Jerryrage

Jerryrage Active Member

324 Messages
    135 Likes Received

[IMG]

A&M chicks set the standard.
  14. GimmeTheBall!

12,388 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    No way, ese. I try to get to CS at least once a year. Just so I can see all the ugly women there (and the men are no Gregory Pecks let me tell you) and all the lack of culture there and all the shallowness of that cow university.

Then I can feel goods about Farmers Branch for the rest of the year.:)
    (I bet johnny foosball cannot wait to git out of there!!! Jerra, you geriatric football guy, are you listening??)
  15. GimmeTheBall!

12,388 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    Ah there you is. Ah tolt my fishing buddy, Emil, i says "just keep looking under that rock (he needed fish bate) and pretty soon you will see him slither out. Well, gosh darn it, soon enough we see you come out. Gotcha, ya little, salamandir . . . :)
  16. zrinkill

32,675 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  17. GimmeTheBall!

12,388 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    No tanks. The last time I went to one of your links I got a virus. doctor said I'd die in a week and then my computer would die. I survived like a cockroach but my computer did not.:mad:
  18. zrinkill

32,675 Messages
    434 Likes Received

I think it's trying to communicate, what should we do?
  19. GimmeTheBall!

12,388 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    "We"?
    The toothless group you ride around with in pickups, or the Jersey Shore wannabes group you joined last month? i hope the latter because they so entertaining.:)
  20. zrinkill

32,675 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    Forgot your gimmicky speech that time.

Pick a gimmick and stay with it.