1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sometimes I sit in my cubicle and ponder to myself... what happened to the 2007 team?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,185 Messages
    5,668 Likes Received
    MAN how the hell did that 2007 team not make it to the Super Bowl? Those teams grossly underachieved. It ticks me off sometimes b/c I wonder if the window will ever be as big as it was back then.
  2. Dallas4ever

Dallas4ever Active Member

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Looks like you need some more work. ;)
  3. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

719 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Thought I was the only one. Everything on offense as perfect. Defense sucked but it didn't matter because we would just outscore you.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    why not? we have some very good young talent on this team right now.
  5. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That was a great football team obviously, but they just ran into a very hot New York Giants team, underestimated them, and lost. Same thing happened with Green Bay last season. That's why I hate the Giants so much. I really felt like that Cowboys team would've not only made the Super Bowl, but won it as well. If this current team is never able to get it done then that's the year I'll look back then.
  6. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,988 Messages
    952 Likes Received
    They seemed unprepared, yet self satisfied. They won the stat battle and lost the war. No doubt we would have made it to the Superbowl, but I'm not sure that we could have beaten the Pats with TO not 100%.
  7. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I figured you would say, "Where's my stapler?"

[IMG]
  8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,185 Messages
    5,668 Likes Received
    I know what you mean but I just feel like we were a well oiled machine back then. Too many holes today to feel like this team is on the verge.
  9. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    I don't think there are that many holes. Granted we have some injuries some of them will be back some want. Myself I don't see this grand lack of talent I see a team who shoots themself in the foot.
  10. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,559 Messages
    23 Likes Received

I feel like the offensive line is one giant hole. Tyron excluded.
  11. Doomsay

5,988 Messages
    952 Likes Received
    We certainly have a few, as do most teams, but it's not often that the Super Bowl window is that wide: 1st round bye, home filed advantage throughout the playoffs, 3-0 record against likely NFC opponents. That had to be one of the greatest squandering of opportunity that this franchise has ever had.
  12. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't dwell on that team as much because I don't think they would've beaten New England. The reason the Giants had a chance beat New England is because they hit Tom Brady nonstop. I don't think Dallas would've been able to generate that kind of pressure and the Patriots would've scored points. Also, who knows if TO would've been right even by the time we got that far or if we would've gotten by Green Bay.
  13. Doomsay

5,988 Messages
    952 Likes Received
    Ole'!
  14. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    I think the line pass protection wise is showing improvment, running still has work to do getting Murray back will be a big help since he runs with more power than Felix
  15. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    I'm not saying that was not a blown opportunity it was but I don't sit and dwell on the past either. I think the demise or Romo by his critic is vastly exaggerated and with some of these young guys we have been bringing in I don't know that the preverbal window is really closed.
  16. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,110 Messages
    2,315 Likes Received
    My take: The defense was average. It was aided by an offense that, for the first three quarters of the season, was unstoppable and forced opponent offenses into being one dimensional.

Unfortunately, Romo and co. peaked in November and started showing weakness in December.

Who knows? Maybe the trend of December flame outs will reverse itself this year.
  17. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jacques (fornicating) Reeves.

That's how.
  18. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,110 Messages
    2,315 Likes Received
    This, too.
  19. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,317 Messages
    2,153 Likes Received
    Just out of curiosity, do you ever ponder to someone else?

While in your cube, of course Z.

When I'm in my cube, I tend to ponder on where to bury the supervisor's body.
  20. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,538 Messages
    468 Likes Received
    The team came up small in the biggest game of the season. The NYG didn't do anything extraordinary to win. But give them credit for the win.

I do think TO's injury late in the season took some of steam out of the offense...