1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sooo Matchups... T-New vs Dez? Pacman vs Miles?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 6, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    Anyone have any ideas...

I don't follow Cincy close enough, so was wondering who you guys think will be covering who.
  2. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,341 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    I'd put Leon Hall on Dez. Newman on Dez is worthy of an LOL.
  3. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,035 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
    Advantage: our WR's.

The problem is that their D-line negates that advantage. They will dominate our o-line and Romo will be running for his life all day.

Our only chance is if Murray runs for 150+ yards and we are at least +2 in turnover differential. Otherwise I don't see us winning this game.
  4. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,620 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Pacman is to small and 2 weak to match up with Dez or Miles...he will be on a guy like Cole B or Ogletree

Newman, can't be on Dez, he's to physical....and if we go deep it will just end poorly for Newman...

Newman can maybe stick Austin, but even that may be a challenge, Austin is not weak either.

We should see a ton of safety help over the top regardless. Expect a big day for Murray
  5. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,620 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Their best bet is Leon Hall.....but he too will get abused
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,858 Messages
    7,580 Likes Received
    I'm curious to see how effective Murray might be against another active 4 man line. TB was able to corral us pretty good in the running game.

If Zimmer still plays his CBs off, we'll probably have a field day with the slants and in routes hoping our WRs can make the catches underneath the support and break tackles. The PHI games gave me some hope for that, but we'll have to have at least the threat of the run to make it effective. We're going to have pressure up the middle again this week, which may mean we go back to the high-percentage shotgun stuff everybody loves.

Defensive injuries aside, though, we matchup ok with the Bengals. We've got good aggressive CBs and at least one all-world pressure player to counter them on offense, and our WRs on their secondary looks favorable.

This one's going to come down to whether or not either team can run well enough to keep passing conversions manageable, and, of course, to whoever can win the turnover battle. Hoping for another smart game from Romo and the WRs, and impact from Rat, Ware, or Hatcher and another strip-fumble.
  7. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,883 Messages
    4,454 Likes Received
    I expect they will do like most have done and take the slants away. The seams will probably be there. They'll give us underneath. This will be a difficult game most likely.
  8. PAISAN247

PAISAN247 Active Member

231 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    If they are smart they will double dez with newman and jones. Which dez still may burn them for 100 and a td . Either way they scheme its gonna be fun to watch unless of course your zimmerman then i suggest maybe a nice family christmas movie...theres a lot of those out with happy endings
  9. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    You know Dez won't see single coverage AT ALL
  10. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,623 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    The OL needs to come to play. The advantage Cincy has is they can rush 4, get some pressure and drop 7 in coverage. Hall is a good player and they have some athletic Ss on the back end. If our OL has a good game pass blocking, we should have some success moving the ball.
  11. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    Honestly, it is these matchups that I believe will decide the game...and I think the matchups favor Dallas. The question, as 1 zoner already stated, is if Romo will have enough time against that DL that currently lead's the league in sacks. I'm really hoping Garrett's gameplan is to establish the run early w/the occassional quick pass to open up running lanes. Play action and other long developing plays should be used sparringly.
  12. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,212 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    The matchup that will decide this one is Cincinnati's DL vs our OL.
  13. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,106 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    Agree.
    I was at the Cleveland game (in Cleveland) and the front four wasn't all that impressive. Weeden had plenty of time in the pocket, unfortunately Weeden isn't very good at this stage in his career and missed several throws. If Romo has any time in the pocket, he and Bryant will eat Leon Hall's lunch and the Cowboys will put up thirty easily.
  14. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,533 Messages
    1,798 Likes Received
    If I were Cinci, regardless of whose on who, I play press coverage and take away the slants, like has been mentioned, and a cover 2 ALL DAY. Let Witten get his underneath and get pressure with the front four. This Dallas team hasn't shown they can put up points without big plays. I make them earn it.
  15. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd love to see Newman on Dez, but I doubt Cincinatti is that stupid. I'm sure they'll double cover Dez with safety help over the top. That means Austin will face 1 on 1 coverage and he will need to have a big day.
  16. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,772 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Our WR's vs their CB's is clearly an advantage for us, lets see how Garrett attacks them.
  17. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

971 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I see zone coverage coming with maybe man coverage in redzone.
  18. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,204 Messages
    897 Likes Received
    Does anyone know who Cincy's CB's are behind Newman and Jones?

With the way Dez has been playing lately I wouldn't be surprised if Cincy put so much attention on him and Miles that we see significant contribution underneath from Beasley and Witten (or even Harris, kind of like how Ogletree had a good game against NY's shallow defensive backfield in week 1). Especially since it seems like the last few weeks Garrett has been calling more 4 WR sets anyway.
  19. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,273 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Do not underestimate T New.
  20. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,902 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received

If they put Newman on Dez it's going to be a 200+ yard, multiple TD game for Dez.

There is no way they're stupid enough to let Newman follow Dez around and try and cover him the whole game.