1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Source: DeMarcus Ware fined, DeMarco Murray

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Diogenes, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,836 Messages
    5,416 Likes Received
    You're going to tell me the league handles head issues the same as they did 20 years ago? Get real.

I know they did away with the minor facemask infraction. No more 5 yarders. It's 15 or nothing.
  2. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,934 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    The NFL doesn't keep any of the fine money. It gets donated to charity, including a couple of funds for retired players.
  3. kmd24

kmd24 Active Member

3,436 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm saying that the officials didn't miss a facemask call. What Murray did was not a penalty according to the casebook. The rule for all intents and purposes the same as it's always been. It was never a 5-yard incidental facemask for a runner to grasp an opponent's facemask, and it's always been a penalty for a runner to twist, turn, or pull an opponent's facemask.

I'm not making any comment on the legitimacy of the fine. Players get fined all the time for things that aren't penalized, and I'm not aware that there's a requirement that an infraction must be considered a missed penalty to merit a fine.
  4. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,196 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    If they're going to fined for subjecting us to obscene or offensive images then Roethlisberger needs to get fined every time he takes his helmet off,,, man that guy is fugly.
  5. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,603 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    Same reason how many argue that Romo gets none , ZERO calls in his favor when he is thrown and beat to the ground on a routine basis..

But.. I like it that way. This is football for crying out loud.

So, he got popped in the head. I am so sure when he was agressively headbutting his teams before the game. HELMET TO HELMET, that was nothing.

Guess there will be a fine or flag thrown for that soon too. Gimme a break.
  6. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,083 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    I know how they feel.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,836 Messages
    5,416 Likes Received
    Yeah. So.

You can't allow players to punch QBs in the head. I don't care what the uniforms look like. I doubt Ware is surprised by this. He knew it was coming.
  8. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    How is this a head issue? He grabbed the guys facemask.. wasn't even a penalty let alone something that should even warrent consideration for a fine. Its an embarassment to the sport we used to call football.

How are you in your right mind trying to argue for the league in this instance, risen?
  9. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,603 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    You do Bill the Butcher a disservice..;)
  10. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Fining for a face mask? These people are going way too far with this crap, I hope someone speaks up soon, because this is clown shoes. It's not my money, but still if these guys have to worry about some bean counter watching every move and deciding how they could fine some one it's all going to decline.

Give a rest NFL, you're being ridiculous.
  11. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Yes, it is. It's a relatively new rule afaik, but the rule does exist. I was surprised he didn't get called for a penalty.

The big question is did the ref that overturned that fumble get fined?