1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Source: Michael Brockers visits Cowboys on Tuesday:

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 16, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsiderReply
    Retweet

Source: Michael Brockers visits Cowboys on Tuesday: http://bit.ly/HPfmSl
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,720 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    Boo. Guess he was one of the handful that had to reschedule.
  3. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

1,983 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    Would not be upset at all with Brockers in a trade down in the late teens or early 20's.
  4. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,258 Messages
    648 Likes Received
    like brockers a lot..one of my top 3
  5. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,323 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    Not excited about Brockers, he may turn into a great player though.

I just don't see it.

Possibly in a trade down scenario.
  6. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Active Member

1,901 Messages
    4 Likes Received
  7. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,812 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Would love to see Brockers in the 18 to 22 range.
  8. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,258 Messages
    648 Likes Received
    im not interested in trading down..no need to get cute..get our guy at 14 and call it a day..my list is 3, maybe 4 deep..unless 3 or 4 of them are still there at 14, which isnt likely..im turning my card in
  9. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,435 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Brockers is purely potential right now. I actually think he could be the Tyron Smith of our defensive line.

I think Brockers could have been top 10 pick if he stayed in school one more year. Cox may be better now, but I think Brockers has a higher ceiling.
  10. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,355 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    this....forget the trade down. If its only going to be 5 spots. Get your guy trading down can get you burnt. I rather just pick our guy. Then settling for someone else.
  11. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,355 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    yeah. what i love about brockers is he doesn't really gets pushed around. He can collapse the pocket with his strength and shed blockers with his long arms. What i don't like is his combine speed but the game isn't played in shorts and shirts.
  12. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "And with the 14th pick in the 2012 draft, the Dallas Cowboys select....Peter Konz, C, University of Wisconsin..."

You ok with that, or would you want us to trade down?
  13. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,043 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    Brockers explosion numbers werent great.
  14. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    well said! i've been saying this for a while now. we could get burned really bad if we move down and miss out on every player we really want/need. take your player at #14 and prepare for round 2.

by moving down i can see our worst case scenario being something like taking Konz or Zeitler late in the 1st. if that happens i feel like we would have passed on some good potential. it's not a horrible outcome, and although this is a deep draft with a lot of potential scattered throughout the rounds, i can see getting too fancy burning us in the end. keep it simple and focus on bpa/need.
  15. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Michael Brockers is ready to start at the 5 technique and 2-gap, and he plays the run strong when he gets off the bus. If a coach develops his pass rush, this guy should be a dominant force up front.

Dallas' defensive line is underwhelming, and this guy would be a strong addition. I still think this guy has a real chance to be the best defensive lineman in the draft. The Cowboys need a real difference maker in the front 3, and this guy has all the tools to develop into a dominant player.
  16. theogt

43,720 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    Pass rush generally isn't one of those things you can develop all that much. Either you can do it or you can't. Sure, you can teach technique and what not, but there aren't too many guys that develop into being a good pass rusher that weren't already good in college.
  17. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My only issue with this way of thinking is that he is only 21 years old, and started just 14 games. To say that he can't rush the passer because he hasn't shown he is dominant at it at this point in his career is kind of foolish. I'm not going to say he is going to be Reggie White or anything, but I'm also not going to write him off because he hasn't shown be everything I want to see in 14 games when he was 20.
  18. theogt

43,720 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    Developmental unknowns that you plan on changing how they play don't go in the first round.
  19. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,435 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    I agree. Reports are he's falling. He could possibly pull a Cam Jordan of 2012, where Jordan was a projected top 20 pick and ended up sliding to the late 1st. If Dallas lands Barron or DeCastro, and Brockers starts sliding in their range, I would hope Dallas makes the move to get him, if the price is right.
  20. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,451 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    The dark horse pick only a few on the board were murmuring about. Will he overtake the rest of the field down the stretch?