1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Source: Nate Livings had surgery

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 22, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,182 Messages
    5,734 Likes Received
    By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

INDIANAPOLIS -- Dallas Cowboys guard Nate Livings had right knee surgery two weeks ago, according to a source, but he should be ready to go for the beginning of the offseason program.

Livings, who joined the Cowboys as a free agent last offseason, started every game in 2012 at left guard but was slowed by the knee injury since early in training camp.

He joins a handful of Cowboys who have had offseason surgery.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...oys-nate-livings-had-surgery-knee-source-says
  2. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,368 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    For a minute there I thought they were going to report that they put a heart inside of him, because he sure didn't play with one last year.:rolleyes:
  3. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,663 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    :laugh2:Dan, how are you and your lovely wife doing?
  4. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,368 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Hi Leon! Hope all is well in Granbury. We're doing well, but these 8-8 seasons are brutal. Time to address the o-line and get things going in the right direction.
  5. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,663 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    You said it. I advocated going o-line in the 1st two rounds last year and I wouldn't be sorry if we did so this year.

Things are great in Granbury. I love it here.
  6. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,432 Messages
    921 Likes Received
    If I had to pick one person who best played to their talent level and contrat on our offensive line it would be Nate Livings.
  7. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Hopefully he will play better this year. His level of play seemed to fall towards the end of the year and it seems likely this knee problem was a major factor in the decline.

Livings really struggled against Cincinnati and Adkins but otherwise played reasonably well and was a good stopgap pickup for the team.

Ideally we draft his replacement this year and put him on the street at the end of next season.
  8. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....I watched him closely this year and agree with everything you just said
  9. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,203 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    I would think offensive linemen his age would be candidates for knee surgery almost every year.