1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Source: Two teams are interested in T.O.

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Alexander, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,231 Messages
    5,479 Likes Received
    Source: Two teams are interested in T.O.
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2010 8:15 AM ET
    As receiver Terrell Owens makes his third trip to the free-agent market in four years, a league source tells us that two teams already have shown interest.

We don't yet know the names of the teams.

One could very well be the Baltimore Ravens.

Last October, the Ravens contacted the Bills about a possible trade for receiver Terrell Owens. The Bills responded in the negative.

Last week, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said that he's interested in T.O. The Bills declared the next day that they won't be offering him another contract.

At a minimum, the Ravens figure to be considering making yet another run at him, especially if their Plan A guys (Kevin Walter and Anquan Boldin, reportedly) don't pan out.

It has been a long flirtation between team and player, dating back to 2004. Making the situation even more unusual is the fact that T.O. has never seemed to be gung-ho about playing for the Ravens. Then there's the six-year-old allegation Owens made regarding G.M. Ozzie Newsome, an African-American, whom Owens accused of making a racist comment during the initial discussions about the Ravens acquiring Owens.

T.O. claimed that Newsome told then-agent David Joseph that Newsome "was a black man from Alabama just like T.O." and that "sometimes a black man's gotta be slapped."

The fact that the Ravens remain interested show that Newsome doesn't hold a grudge.

The bigger question is whether T.O. does.
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,957 Likes Received
    I'm guessing Baltimore...maybe Washington? LOL.
  3. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,231 Messages
    5,479 Likes Received
    Do not laugh. Shanahan was looking at him when he signed on with Dallas.
  4. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    He would be a good fit in Houston since they're letting Walter walk, playing in Kubiak's WCO as a 3rd target behind AJ and Daniels. That's pretty much what he is now ... a decent 3rd target. I doubt McClain would bring him in though, since he's trying to market himself to Texas football fans as the "anti-Jerry".
  5. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    That would be hilarious. Hopefully he sucks as much as Deion did when he played for Washington.
  6. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Shannahan sometimes gets a little full of himself and believes he has the magic coaching power to turn around nutcases. Look at Jarvis Moss, Maurice Clarett, Marcus Thomas, etc.
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,188 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    I hope Washington does sign him. I wouldn't mind watching Jenkins slap TO around a little bit.

:laugh2:
  8. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Dallas and SF :laugh1:
  9. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,647 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Ochocinco could be getting his wish
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2010 1:17 PM ET

We reported earlier today that two teams are interested in receiver Terrell Owens.

One of them, according to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com, is the Bengals.

The disclosure comes as a surprise. Receiver Chad Ochocinco has been lobbying aggressively for T.O. to be added to the team, but all reports have indicated that the Bengals don't want to bring in another aging wideout.

Hobson says that Owens is one of several receivers in whom the team is interested. Others include Antonio Bryant, Kevin Walter, Chris Chambers, and Josh Reed.

Hobson believes that the Bengals are merely putting out feelers, and that they'll do a deal when the market settles down.
  10. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,857 Messages
    1,236 Likes Received
    league source=Drew Rosenhaus
  11. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,906 Messages
    1,372 Likes Received

So? He's older now and he doesn't scare anyone the way he used to especially a team who doesn't, and won't have, a QB.
  12. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,083 Messages
    3,061 Likes Received
    Back when Owens got kicked off the Eagles there was a comedienne who absolutely cracked me up talking about him. I found it a couple of days ago.

Enjoy
  13. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

3,099 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    If TO goes to a good team I swear I want all yall big mouth trash talkers back in the NFL zone. Don't pretend you weren't saying all this BS now.
  14. JustAwesome

JustAwesome New Member

5 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It wouldn't come as a complete shock if Owens signed on with a good team. Stuff happens and opportunities may arise. I think people just doubt it because Owens was unable to generate much interest last offseason. Buffalo surely was not his top option.
  15. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,012 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    Scared.....:eek:
  16. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,647 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    :welcome:
  17. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,083 Messages
    3,061 Likes Received
    I have read this three times. I still have no damn clue what the blue hell you are trying to say.
  18. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL I was thinking the same thing
  19. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,857 Messages
    1,236 Likes Received
    At least I'm not the only one.
  20. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

1,554 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    The Texans resigned Walter yesterday to a 5 yr, $21.5 mil deal.