1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sources: Larry Fitzgerald Could Be Available Via Trade, But Only for 'Right Price'

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jan 27, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Larry Fitzgerald-WR- Cardinals Jan. 27 - 4:44 pm et
    www.rotoworld.com
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

NESN.com reports the Cardinals could make Larry Fitzgerald available in trade "for the right price."

The Cardinals aren't trying to "actively unload" Fitz, and NESN.com freely admits their sources don't know if the team has had any "legitimate" discussions about trading their star receiver. We suspect any team wishing to acquire Fitz would have to blow Arizona's socks off with a package of early-round draft picks and a viable starting quarterback. Fitzgerald's contract is up after next season. He's made it clear that he doesn't want to stick around if the Cardinals aren't going to be a serious contender.
    Source: NESN.com

http://www.nesn.com/nfl/
    Sources: Larry Fitzgerald Could Be Available Via Trade, But Only for 'Right Price' by Jeff Howe on Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 4:35PM 7 Do you like this story?

For the right price, Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald could be available in a trade, according to league sources, but that doesn't mean the Cards are actively trying to unload him. In fact, no one polled for this story had any direct knowledge of whether the Cardinals have had any legitimate discussions about trading their star receiver, so take that for what it's worth.

The Cardinals, who went 5-11 this season and have the fifth pick in April's draft, desperately need a quarterback. After Kurt Warner retired last year, the Cardinals rolled out Derek Anderson, John Skelton, Max Hall and Richard Bartel in 2010. That foursome combined to complete 284 of 559 passes (50.8 percent) for 3,247 yards, 10 touchdowns and 19 interceptions this season.
    http://www.nesn.com/nfl/
  2. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Note, this could affect us, if a team trades LF and get a # 1 and other picks, that would allow Cardinals to pick whatever at their pick before us this year.
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,912 Messages
    483 Likes Received
    skins could give up mcnabb and a 2nd for him maybe. Rex to Fitz:rolleyes:
  4. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,201 Messages
    1,191 Likes Received
    We dont need a WR
  5. 7footer

7footer Active Member

1,185 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I received a text last week from a fellow Cowboys fan who said that Fitzgerald may be on his way to Dallas...a BIG trade is brewing, and that Dez may be involved. This reportedly came from someone who had an inside source...but I thought it was too ridiculous to even post at that time, especially after just quieting the trade Dez talk from before.

However, now that this is making it's way around the internet I'm starting to think that text may have had something to it...I still don't think we'll trade Dez, but it's possible we could be looking to add Fitz.
  6. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,124 Messages
    613 Likes Received
    Dez isn't getting traded.
  7. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received

How bout' Roy Williams, our 1st and a 3rd.

;)
  8. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Well-Known Member

1,541 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    A 34-year-old backup QB has no trade value. They'd have to give up a lot more than that.
  9. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I could see Fitzgerald going to a place like Chicago...
  10. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    this story sounds oddly familiar.................
  11. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

4,476 Messages
    455 Likes Received

for what in return? They already sold the farm to acquire Cutler. They would have to give up Peppers plus their #1
  12. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,602 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    sure... but Fitz is a guy who is worth what we gave up for Roy.
  13. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,056 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    id trade austin for fitz straight up
  14. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,614 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    ditto. we have miles & dez.
  15. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

4,476 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Austin is up and coming. Fitz is top two in the league (Despite not having the TD's this year...this is for Hoofbite since he might argue Maclin or Mannignham is better because they got more TD's this year)

So Austin and what, our #1? Forget it. Fitz will walk in one year anyways and the Cardinals cannot do anything about it because they let Fitz get a no trade and no franchise tag in his contract.
  16. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,056 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    Who said I cared how the cardinals fared. no harm, no foul:D
  17. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    i was refering to the stories about us supposedly interested in trading dez..
  18. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is great news. Our lineup would be....

Gurode, Romo, Witten

Roy11, Dez, Jackson, Fitz, Ogletree, Hurd, Manny J, A J Green.

This would mean that there would be no room for Holley.

We'd run 8 WR sets. But we'd have to use Witten for max protect on every down. That will cut his numbers dramatically, and his trade value. :)
  19. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dez Bryant will emerge as a top 10 receiver this season

Miles Austin is already a top 10 receiver

Jason Witten is arguably the best tight end in the game

Roy Williams isnt completely ********

We don't need another receiver
  20. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    FOR THE LAST TIME DEZ BRYANT IS NOT GETTING TRADE. ITS NOT HAPPENING. THE KID IS THE BEST WIDE RECIEVER IN THE GAME TALENT WISE AND WILL BE OUR FRANCHISE PLAYER VERY, VERY SOON.