1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sources: Sean Payton contract voided...*NFL denies involvement/Payton plans to stay*

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by viman96, Nov 4, 2012.

1. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,649 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    Within the past year, the multiyear contract extension the Saints announced for Sean Payton in September 2011 was voided by the NFL, making the suspended head coach a free agent after this season and casting questions on how long he will remain in New Orleans, according to league sources.

Payton is expected to become the NFL's most sought-after head coach after this season and there already is speculation in league circles that he could wind up returning to Dallas, where he worked as the assistant head coach from 2003 to 2005, during which time the Cowboys brought in quarterback Tony Romo, who attended the same college, Eastern Illinois, as Payton.

Article
  2. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,537 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    just read that too. heres to Jerry hiring the guy we should have never let go
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,298 Messages
    6,256 Likes Received
    There's nothing there. Just media connecting imaginary dots like they do with every available player coming to Dallas.
  4. Risen Star

20,298 Messages
    6,256 Likes Received
    The guy that our genius fan base couldn't wait to see leave.
  5. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    That couldn't be! Our fan base knows everything and they are always right!
  6. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,537 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    i still say he was held back by BP
  7. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,649 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    I think it is a bit more than that but not much. He did recently buy a home in Dallas. He has a good relationship with Jerry. All the junk happening in NO could make him want a fresh start.
  8. hsfolk

hsfolk Member

360 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    How is this even legal?
  9. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,143 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    If Jerry would hire himand step back just a little they could have a long run.
    The key would be let Payton hire his own people. If that would mean no Garret and no Ryan so be it.
  10. Risen Star

20,298 Messages
    6,256 Likes Received
    It wouldn't surprise me if Garrett left here and ended up somewhere with front office sanity that we'd have similar envy.

I guess they could pretend he finally learned how to be a head coach rather than admit the environment in Dallas is a coach killer.
  11. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,047 Messages
    614 Likes Received
    In what way?
  12. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,605 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Yep ... wrong move.

Just like keeping Bleedslow when Brees was on the open market. How'd that work out?
  13. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,951 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Or we could be honest with our assessment and admit Bill Parcells conservative nature held back Payton in terms of creativity and freedom. There are no excuses for Garrett who managed the offense all by his lonesome with Stay Puft Wade and now with himself as the head coach.
  14. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    So true, and is guilty of again right now.
  15. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,342 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    Sean Payton isn't going anywhere. If you think about it for just 10 seconds, you will realize that he has it pretty good in NOLA. There is nothing that Dallas can offer than can rival what he already has.
  16. VThokie7

1,951 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    On the contrary, we can offer the chance to live in Dallas where according to the article he already spends quite a bit of time in. And is the home of his children. Some things money can't buy.
  17. BLT

BLT Member

807 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hahaha Doesnt matter what coach you bring in here, with Jerry in charge theyll never be given the chance to succeed.
  18. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

2,407 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Everybody ist held back always. SP was held back by BP. Garett was held back by Philips. And all of them are held back by JJ.

It's always the same .

Our fanbase tends to overhype every new coach as if he is the second coming of the Messiah. When they realize those coaches are human after all they drive them out of town.
  19. VThokie7

1,951 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Aside from one particular poster who introduced more propaganda than the cold war, who hyped Jason Garrett as the second coming when he was named head coach?

Who hyped Wade Phillips? Dave Campo? Chain Gailey?

Only coach I can remember people truly being excited for was Bill Parcells and after Dave Campo that was with good reason. Especially after he took a team of nobodies to the playoffs in his first season. And helped rebuild the roster to even get us to a point of relevance.
  20. dreghorn2

dreghorn2 Well-Known Member

1,090 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    LOL, i'll take my chances on that ever happening.

I think the odds are slim to none that anyone will ever regret the day Jason Garrett and family leave town.