1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sources: Sean Payton contract voided...*NFL denies involvement/Payton plans to stay*

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by viman96, Nov 4, 2012.

1. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

5,254 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    It won't happen, but it would be the best thing to happen to the Cowboys in years if SP was on the sidelines. There is too much on the job training going on in Dallas right now.
  2. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,112 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Romo & Payton = Peaches & Herb: reunited and it feels so good...
  3. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,020 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    NFL is denying this.

[youtube]y_MDM16xKjU?vq=hd720[/youtube]
  4. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,451 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    I remember that too.
  5. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue

2,221 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    http://www.wwltv.com/news/ESPN-repo...m-free-agent-after-this-season-177159871.html
  6. MegaMagick

MegaMagick Active Member

6,336 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Welp, pack it up! Garrett 4 life.
  7. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

1,900 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I am willing to give Garrett the HC another year if that is all he does. If is still running the offense next year, I see no point in watching the games. If he could just coach the team (you know handling the discipline, motivation, actually manage the play clock for a change, etc....) he may do an okay job. I like the guy and would give him a chance. If Jerry can't see he is an UTTER and COMPLETE FAILURE at doing double duty(HC / OC), then I give up.
  8. cajuncocoa

2,221 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Anyone who can't deal with Garrett as HC beyond this year and/or next might as well save yourselves some time and jump off the bandwagon now. Garrett will be the Cowboys' HC for as long as Garrett wants to be here. He's the perfect type of coach for Jerry's management style.
  9. MegaMagick

MegaMagick Active Member

6,336 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    At least Wade could manage games properly, let's try out another yes man.
  10. cajuncocoa

2,221 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    11/04/12 12:11PM
    Mike Triplett, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
    more:http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/11/sean_payton_should_want_to_sta.html#incart_2box
  11. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,462 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    That's debateable. And of course, he couldn't manage his team.
  12. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

760 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    That's true: Payton has that beautiful facility in N.O. Here, he'd have to lead his team into battle in that dump Cowboys Stadium. Plus, just think of the immense value of the Saints franchise compared to little ole Dallas Cowboys. What are people thinking?
  13. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

935 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    This is a Guy you just cant pass up on.
  14. Chopzley

Chopzley Member

57 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    What does the size of the stadium matter if it doesn't give the home team even the slightest amount of homefield advantage? And value of the franchise....seriously? Lol, last time I checked there was a salary cap, so the Jacksonville freakin jaguars are able to spend the same amount of money as the cowboys in free agency. Payton is a control freak, and is the top dog in Nola. No way he'd give that up to be under Jerry's thumb, regardless if his ex-wife and kids are in the area or not.
  15. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,027 Messages
    984 Likes Received
    What the heck does the value of a franchise have to do with coaches OR players making decisions to go to or leave a team?
  16. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,559 Messages
    238 Likes Received
    broken record
  17. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,386 Messages
    2,239 Likes Received
    Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC
    Goodell talked on field about Payton: "The one contract was sent into us. We told them what the issue was ...

and now it’s up to the team and Sean Payton. Until I get something back, it’s up to them.”

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins
    Roger Goodell said its up to the Saints and Sean Payton regarding his status. There were some things he didn't like in the contract.

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota
    According to @ProFootballTalk, Saints insist Sean Payton will be back. @SI_PeterKing says if SP leaves, Philly, not Dallas, is the favorite.
  18. MegaMagick

MegaMagick Active Member

6,336 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Would love to see Sean Payton with McCoy and those weapons in Philly.

Meanwhile, in Dallas....
  19. notherbob

notherbob Active Member

2,852 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I dout Sean Payton would work as "head coach" for Jerry Jones. Jerry will never let anyone but himself e head coach, all others are just window dressing.

There's a reason why top coaches won't work for Jerry.
  20. cajuncocoa

2,221 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    I don't think the stadium or the value of the franchise would factor into SP's decision. Not having a boss breathing down his neck (as he would have in Dallas) would probably be a pretty big factor. That, and the fact that he has a team waiting for him in NOLA that won a Super Bowl just 3 years ago, along with one of the league's premier QBs.