1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Sources: Signs point to Cowboys exercising 5th-year option on Tyron Smith

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Mr Cowboy, Mar 25, 2014.

1. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,947 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    Then you should really read up on Dez without a doubt he is the one player who bleeds blue/silver. We are talking about a guy who signed with Jordan and did some type of prove it deal. If anything Dez has shown the willingness to do things better and learn and keep on the right path. So I have to respectfully disagree.
    BigStar likes this.
  2. CowboyStar88

4,947 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    You could give this guy 7-8 year contract at his current age and really balance out the cap hit for contract size. Just a thought. Kinda like Bailey deal
  3. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

4,113 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    I agree that Dez would likely take a fair market deal as long as the team doesn't low ball him or hold his "restrictions" over him in negotiations, etc.
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  4. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

4,113 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    That would be ideal, but it is likely his agent would want to renegotiate at some point or are you implying even with that in mind kinda thing? I like the idea though, pay him a long contract and negotiate as needed (not just to do it to cover for cap mistakes in other players, etc.) to maintain fair market value.
  5. ViperDT9

ViperDT9 New Member

12 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    dez than tyron, I don't think dez going anywhere, dallas has saved his career and his life
  6. CowboyStar88

4,947 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    Yeah I would think there would be some language that would allow them to renegotiate if needed.
  7. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,574 Messages
    2,950 Likes Received
    If you think a 1-year, $5.5M deal coming off a torn ACL is a "hometown discount" then . . . well, I don't know what to tell you, man.
  8. Cowboy06

Cowboy06 Active Member

450 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    in other unrelated news. The sun still sets in the West and water is still wet.
  9. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    This is a lie, because sources told me Jerry is taking a step back and Stephen Jones is doing all the negotiating and contracts along with Jason Garrett...
  10. khiladi

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    He's the most important piece that needs to resigned, despite how much I love Dez. Left tackles his calibre are no joke and much harder to replace then first rate WRs.
  11. casmith07

27,574 Messages
    2,950 Likes Received
    So Henry Melton is a liar?
  12. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,425 Messages
    1,603 Likes Received
    What?!
    When did water get wet? I need to get it together...
    Cowboy06 likes this.
  13. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,417 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    They said Jerry was out of town on other business.
  14. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,584 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    If the production stays high, then what is going to happen is the player will outperform the latter years. You are asking for a hold out situation then. Players and agents today are much smarter than that. If you are going to have a front-loaded deal, it shouldn't be longer than 4-5 seasons.
  15. CowboyStar88

4,947 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    Read further we talked about a renegotiable year to at some point. Just an idea
  16. khiladi

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Your logic seems to be faulty on this...
  17. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Seems like a good way to keep him hungry for another year too. If past trends hold up theres gonna be several players trying to build up their stock for new contracts in the next couple years. The thought of Murray running behind him and they're both playin for a new contract sounds good.
  18. casmith07

27,574 Messages
    2,950 Likes Received
    What logic?

Melton said Jerry was not involved in the contract process whatsoever. So is Melton lying?

This is simple 1+1=2 logic.
  19. khiladi

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    No.. That logic says Jerry wasn't there for Melton's signing, not that Jerry didn't agree to it. Stephen also tells us Jerry wasn't there not as a norm, but was sick or whatever. This article tells us Jerry is telling us that he is going to exercise the option on Smith.

So like I said, Jerry not at the Melton signing does not logically entail he is stepping back from anything.

Unless of course you want to say Jerry and Stephen are liars as well.. I guess Melton being a part of the Cowboys organization for years knows better on how things are run...