1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: SP NEWS: Dallas Cowboys team report: Coaches pull all-nighter

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Juke99, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Dallas Cowboys team report: Coaches pull all-nighter

By Clarence Hill

IRVING, Texas—Not only did the Cowboys earn a season sweep against the Redskins with a 27-24 overtime victory on Sunday but they moved into a first place tie with the Giants atop the NFC East with a 6-4 record.The Cowboys could care less about their newfound status as they are more focused on preparing for the Thanksgiving Day game against the Dolphins on Thursday on short rest.Cowboys coach Jason Garrett got off the plane at 10:00 Sunday night and went straight to the team's headquarters for an all-nighter with the coaches. He was at work 20 straight hours went he met with the media Monday afternoon. "We’re not real concerned about the standings right now," Garrett said. "We’re concerned about the Miami Dolphins at our place at 3:15 on Thursday. That’s what our focus is: really good day’s work today and starting our preparation for that. This game will be here before you know it. We have to be focused on that."

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...report-coaches-pull-all-nighter#ixzz1eR1Unycn
  2. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,071 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    I wonder if he gets paid by the hour.;)
  3. Trendnet

Trendnet Active Member

731 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    He probably has to punch a clock.
  4. EGTuna

EGTuna Active Member

380 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Hey Clarence, it's COULDN'T care less. Ugh.
  5. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,044 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I'm glad we finally have a young coach with the energy to throw himself into the job.
  6. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,211 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Seems like an odd mistake for a pro to make. It doesn't bother me when people on here get it wrong because I'm used to hearing it in everyday speech. But, you would think a professional writer would know better.
  7. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,559 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    He also said the dolphins are 3-9 :laugh2:
  8. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Garrett is focused!
  9. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,602 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    seems odd. most staffs are going to use the bye week to get in prep for the short Thanksgiving week. Garrett has certainly been around enough Txgiving games to know that.
  10. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,161 Messages
    915 Likes Received
    Huh? The bye week was 6 weeks ago. Tape and preparation based off of the Dolphins of weeks 1-4 (led by Chad Henne, for one thing) is probably next to useless for Thursday.
  11. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Member

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree and disagree. This Miami Dolphin team is obviously different from the one that started the season 0-7. That difference is in their mental make-up mostly with, but obviously they haven't had that much of a dramatic change in offense/defensive philosophy or personnel that early season tape would be rendered completely irrelevant. Difference is this Miami team has a Quarteraback who is on fire right now, amazing how 1 position holds so much weight in the sports world. Almost surreal.
  12. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,602 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    Do you really think that preparation involves looking only at film of Henne? Or only of film from this season? I guess you think the only insights we have about Sparano's offense reflect play from games 1-4. There is always new information -- but it isn't like they've completely changed their approach and installed a new offense/defense over that people.
  13. jimnabby

4,161 Messages
    915 Likes Received
    Yes, that's exactly why I said "for one thing" after noting the change at QB. :rolleyes:

They had the whole offseason to look at last year's information, and I assume they did that. It's still not clear to me that spending the bye week 6 weeks ago preparing for this game would add much value to what they could have done during the offseason and what they need to be doing right now.
  14. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Member

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No Dallas didn't have a whole offseason, did you forget about the NFL Lockout already? It was kind of a big deal. Either way if they did, it'd most likely be used to instill their offense and their defense with their values. Why would they study games 3 months in advance? Garrett has preached that you must take the NFL one day at a time to be successful in this league. He's emphasized that point constantly all season.
  15. jimnabby

4,161 Messages
    915 Likes Received
    Huh? The coaches weren't locked out. That's what we're talking about here.
  16. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Member

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Lockout froze all NFL activity.
  17. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Member

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The NFL Lockout consumed 18 weeks of the offseason. The 2011 Hall of Fame game was CANCELLED because Chicago & Cinci's (or whoever was playing) coaches didn't have adequate time to prepare for the very first game of the NFL season after the lockout was lifted let alone 12 weeks ahead for Miami.
  18. jimnabby

4,161 Messages
    915 Likes Received
    This is completely untrue. The coaches were hard at work.
  19. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,899 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    that's ageism
  20. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Garrett-speak. Sometimes I get a kick out of it.