1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Spagnola: Here's To Throwing The Notebook At You

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 17, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,060 Messages
    3,996 Likes Received
    Mickey Spagnola
    DallasCowboys.com Columnist

IRVING, Texas – Smiling while replaying memories of my father on this Father’s Day Weekend and hopefully you are, too, and wondering since we now know beyond a shadow of a doubt who is going to call the plays – thank goodness – what in the world will be the first question asked of the Cowboys triumvirate on July 20 during the annual training camp-opening press conference in Oxnard, Calif. . . . .

So with a momentary lull about to sweep through The Ranch now that the Cowboys have completed nine OTA’s, one Cowboys U and this week’s three-day minicamp, I figured it’s time to empty out the notebook in order to give you guys a whole bunch to chew on during the interim. And let’s start here for the worry-warts, those already fretting the number of players not participating in the OTA’s and this week’s minicamp practices: it appears that the only players possibly not ready for the start of training camp in 35 days (first practice July 21) will be WR Danny Coale (knee) and FB Lawrence Vickers (back), meaning, yes, QB Tony Romo (cyst removed) will be good to go and good to see him throwing soft toss to the guys this week, as should DeMarcus Ware, Jay Ratliff and Anthony Spencer. I would not be at all surprised, though, to see caution flags waved at G Nate Livings and possibly G Mackenzy Bernadeau (shoulder). Same knee he had scoped after the season still giving Livings problems . . . .

LB Sean Lee has been walking around The Ranch with a T-shirt with this two-word phrase stacked three lines high: “The Ball, The Ball, The Ball.” Maybe he should pass same T-shirts out to the rest of his defensive mates since on the first play of team on Thursday he intercepted a Kyle Orton pass intended for Jason Witten over the middle in the end zone. Says Lee after the umpteenth time he’s been asked about the “Tampa 2” being installed by Monte Kiffin and Rod Marinelli, and about those guys who once played for them during the Bucs’ heydays, “We have to forge our own identity.” Yeah man . . . .

Read the rest: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...k-At-You/fdd5a58b-9931-46c0-b535-55c670f1ad21
  2. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Thanks for the post, WG.

:star:
  3. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,468 Messages
    2,325 Likes Received
    Training camp only 34 days away! :flagwave:
  4. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

4,635 Messages
    401 Likes Received
    I can't express to you how glad I am he's back.
  5. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,559 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    Is Danny Coale ever going to be healthy enough to play football? Sheesh!
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,814 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    Why does Spags have to end so many paragraphs with ellipses. He doesnt have anything else to say, so just end the freaking thing...

:laugh2:
  7. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,335 Messages
    872 Likes Received
    He was already doing some of the drills, he was just out of team ones. So it looks like he should be ready by camp.
  8. Zimmy Lives

5,559 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    Never noticed that before. Hmmm... :D
  9. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,840 Messages
    1,447 Likes Received
    With Dez, Austin, Harris and Williams we have 4 good WR. The 5th guy can be the best prospect that can play special teams. I like keeping up the youth movement.
  10. vicjagger

vicjagger Well-Known Member

2,086 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    So, why do they call them "ellipses", when they are obviously circles?
  11. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,814 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    Well I spelled it wrong, so theres that lol
  12. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,265 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    Even though Mick can be something of a shill at times I still enjoy his articles more than most of the beat writers.

Thx for posting!
  13. Zimmy Lives

5,559 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    Actually, you were correct! Ellipses is the plural of ellipsis. :bow:
  14. Zimmy Lives

5,559 Messages
    815 Likes Received

I hope they keep six receivers on the roster because I believe both Coale (when he's healthy) and Beasley can play.
  15. Cumart21

Cumart21 Active Member

273 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    Make or break camp for Coale.
  16. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,297 Messages
    1,124 Likes Received
    For his age, Mickey writes with all the tact of a 15-year old kid sneaking onto his parents' computer.
  17. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,326 Messages
    3,225 Likes Received
    Is he eligible for the PS?
  18. jobberone

36,326 Messages
    3,225 Likes Received
    LOL.
  19. Cumart21

Cumart21 Active Member

273 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    I don't know how practice squad eligibility works.
  20. jobberone

36,326 Messages
    3,225 Likes Received
    Cumart21 likes this.