1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Spagnola: Maybe Perceptions Aren’t Truly Reality

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by jobberone, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,205 Messages
    1,243 Likes Received
    I've been saying this for a while.

The offense certainly needs improvement. Particularly on the O-Line. But our biggest concern should be the pass defense. That has absolutely killed us the past 3 years.

YR
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Exactly. And that's when Sparano was here. See my sig for more recent results.
  3. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,205 Messages
    1,243 Likes Received
    And your numbers are skewed by Romo being hurt and the judging offense by total yards gained.

Here's the rankings for the offense by FootballOutsiders.com since 2007:

2007: 4th
    2008: 18th
    2009: 3rd
    2010: 21st
    2011: 12th
    2012: 11th

So in 2009 the offense was better than it was under Sparano in 2007. Our worst 2 years were when Romo missed a lot of games due to injury.

The offense has to get better. We need to desperately get better at RT and get an interior O-Line that doesn't completely stink. But, our real problem is pass defense. If that doesn't improve, expect more of the same.

YR
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,410 Messages
    1,676 Likes Received
    While statistically the offense numbers might be OK, they are also highly inflated because we've been playing from behind a lot. That means airing it out and getting a ton of meaningless yards. When it comes to crunch time, this offense has been atrocious.
  5. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,781 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    The Puppet Master strikes again, Spags on a string!:eek:
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,183 Messages
    6,971 Likes Received
    Unless you're going to find a way to measure the impact of game situations for all teams across the board, I'm not sure how much this matters. The team's still getting the point and the yardage. And I've yet to see anything that supports that those yards and points are less meaningful than any other teams'.

Good one! Care to refute the puppet's argument? Or is it enough that he's getting paid to support the team so you don't have to actually pay attention to whether or not what he's saying also has the benefit of being accurate?