1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Speaking of Star Wars, hope y'all liked Phantom Menace 3-D....

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Rogah, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,560 Messages
    43 Likes Received
  2. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,283 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    This is nothing but good news, focus on producing something new instead of rehashing the old.
  3. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,560 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Oh I ain't gonna miss E2 and E3 not being released in 3D, but I sure as shootin' was looking forward to E4 and E5. It's sad that the only one we got was the weakest of 'em all.
  4. StevenOtero

6,283 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    I wouldn't worry too much....they're still working on them, just on the back burner. Which means we may get multiple released in a short period of time.
  5. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,560 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Well the press release I linked makes it clear they're not working on them, and won't be anytime soon. It's not the end of the world, I just don't understand why it has to be one or the other. With all the money these movies make, I don't see why they can't have one group doing X and another doing Y.
  6. StevenOtero

6,283 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    A press release isn't always 100 percent true, it's lipservice to the fans.

I highly doubt it's one or the other, they just want the public to 'know' that Episode VII is all they're working on.
  7. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,560 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Yes, press releases aren't always true but that's because they try to paint a rosier picture than what reality is. So when a press release comes out and essentially says "holy crap, we're in over our heads and can't do the 3-d conversions anytime soon" I can't help but worry. E7 is already rumored to be pushed back a year.

Methinks the transition at Disney is not going so well.
  8. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,009 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    I'll respectfully disagree with you on this.

I don't think the 3-d conversion of Episode was that well received.

I'm a huge fan but couldn't be bothered to see Phantom Menace in 3-d.

And I think many fans agreed with me.

And with Episode 7 going full speed, I agree with them not bothering with doing more 3-d conversions.

And I would disagree with any rumors of delays.

Disney is too good and has too many resources for that.

They said 2015 and I'll believe 2015 until I hear definitive news otherwise.
  9. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,560 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    People stayed away from Episode 1 3-D because Episode 1 was a poor movie. If they released Episode 4 in 3-D, fans would flock to see it because Episode 4 is one of the most beloved movies in Hollywood history.

And that's why I'm disappointed at yesterday's announcement. I don't care about E2 or E3 in 3-D, but the fact that now it would take a miracle to get E4 and E5 anytime in the next decade (if we ever even get them at all).
    Well, I certainly hope you're right here.