1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Speculation: Could Ratliff be bipolar?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysPhan, Jan 25, 2013.

1. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,091 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    Hoo boy! :stupid: :facepalm:
  2. CowboysPhan

CowboysPhan Obsequious Cowboys Toadie

447 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Thanks everyone for your input. To those stating the thread should be locked, I'm curious why you feel this way? I am a fan of Jay( see my avatar) and certainly meant no disrespect to anyone. I asked the question because I didn't know enough and figured some of you could shed some light, which you have.
  3. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    :rolleyes: maybe he is schizophrenic also? Haley is bipolar sames with james Harrison. ill take that on my team anyday/
  4. icyhot

icyhot Member

395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He is married, I don't think he was go both ways with a polar bear.

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android
  5. icyhot

icyhot Member

395 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android
  6. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,809 Messages
    1,074 Likes Received
    this....
  7. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,872 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    How in the world does a doctor find the time for almost 23,000 posts on a football forum? Shouldn't you be at conferences or shilling for some pharmaceutical company?

(Totally pulling your leg) ;)
  8. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,300 Messages
    490 Likes Received

Applause
  9. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,848 Messages
    568 Likes Received
    Didn't say medical doctor.

A doctor that knows about psychological disorders. What on earth could that mean?
  10. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,872 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    A psychiatrist with a M.D. or a psychologist with a Ph.D. or a Psy. D. ? Clinical or research?
  11. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,046 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Actually if the doctorate of philosophy counts, I'm a doctor as well.

There are JDs all over this forum as well. Maybe they should be out chasing ambulances or making laughable television commercials?

I think @smartfootball is a lawyer, and he managed to write a book about football.

Oh yes, and there is that Mike Leach feller, who is a doctor and also coaches football.

Tom Osborne also comes to mind ;)

D-
  12. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I've seen a lot of dumb stuff on here but this tops them all.
  13. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,848 Messages
    568 Likes Received
    field?
  14. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,887 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    Bipolar disorder is no joke. It's a terrible disease, so let's hope for his sake that he doesn't suffer from it. Personally, I think he's just an arrogant professional football player with a big ego like many of the guys in the NFL. He can be hard to deal with at times.
  15. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,068 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    if you aren't an expert, why are you commenting?

Of course, if he is bi-polar, he should posting here, he would fit right in.
  16. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,009 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    Does Bipolar mean you do stupid s*** on a consistent basis?
  17. CowboysPhan

CowboysPhan Obsequious Cowboys Toadie

447 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I wasn't commenting, I was asking a question. I asked BECAUSE I didn't know. I never said he was bipolar. I asked for people smarter than me to comment about whether it was possible. I find that by asking questions I learn things that I didn't know. I didn't know you have to already know the answer in order to be allowed to ask. My mistake.
  18. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,013 Messages
    2,573 Likes Received
    I don't know how you could conclude he was bipolar with the limited information at hand. Anger is not a disease or usually pathological so a verbal altercation with another is not even a red flag. Getting arrested is not even particularly hard at times so I don't know what to infer from the arrest. I haven't even heard what the BA is which is a little unusual.

So I don't think there is much here.
  19. obidiah

obidiah New Member

26 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I could see that...bipolar, but I could also see him just being an angry fool. I like to watch him when he is interviewed I keep waiting for his head to start spinning. He always has that crazed look in his eyes.
  20. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,402 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    OK. Forget about the location of the incident. In your world, let's pretend it didn't happen at the workplace. And let's pretend it wasn't his boss.

So, we are left with 300 lb., 32-yr old professional football player challenging a 70-yr old 170 pound guy to a fight. Yeah, that sounds so much better. Move over Bob Lilly and Randy White, make way for the he-man Jay Ratliff.

But, while we are pretending. Lets pretend Ratliff is still a good football player. Let's pretend he can practice without getting hurt. Let's pretend he can actually play in more than 6 games in a year. Let's pretend that he can get more sacks than personal fouls. Let's pretend he isn't scheduled to make millions for nothing.

"okthanxbye":rolleyes: