1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Spencer likely out again

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,933 Messages
    1,315 Likes Received
    Luck has nothing to do with it.

Witnessing a coaching staff that has been completely inept at doing that very thing and be unable to stop it when teams to alter their game plans for a decade now has taken a tole on these fans.

GOOD COACHES CHANGE THEIR GAME PLANS FROM WEEK TO WEEK. This is a concept completely foreign to Jason Garrett.
  2. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,165 Messages
    659 Likes Received
    I disagree. A coach is going to stick with his gameplan if he has faith in it. You can't change it from week to week. You can't run the ball one week and then the next week pass 50 times. Your team has no identity.
  3. garrett316

garrett316 Well-Known Member

2,503 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Spencer is a very good player. I think the dropoff between his play and that of Butler/Albright is significant, particularly against the run. My hope is that the injury heals for him to play again this year. I think Orakpo had a similar injury in the pre-season and he wound up tearing it once the season started. Hope that doesnt happen to Spencer.
  4. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,350 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Time for Butler to step up. This is his chance to show he belongs. Otherwise the 4 year rules applies.
  5. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good Post!

Nice to see Spence finally gettting some props. Too bad he had to get injured to be appreciated.:rolleyes:
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,435 Messages
    3,720 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    pressure? sure. The most subjective so called stat. Its BS
  8. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,610 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    Hopefully we can see Wilber if Spencer is out, we need to know if the answer to his position is on this team (which it probably isn't).

We can't risk losing him for the season when we really don't have a replacement at all, thats why we gave him the tag in the first place.
  9. ak47kaehu

ak47kaehu Active Member

289 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Well his pressure did force opposing QBs to throw early (bad passes) or throw the ball away.......I guess that could be equivalent to a sack for no gain/loss.
  10. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,166 Messages
    1,138 Likes Received
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...pencer-dallas-cowboys-not-return-anytime-soon
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    BS. I have seen a lot of QBs 'pressured' and still complete the pass.
    Onlly a moron equals a 'pressure' with a sack
  12. ak47kaehu

ak47kaehu Active Member

289 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Only a moron can't read. I clearly said a bad pass (which to me results in an incomplete/picked pass) or thrown away ball due to pressure could be equivalent to a sack for no gain/loss. FYI....The results of both scenarios would be a play for no gain. I did not say pressure equals sacks.
  13. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Hey, which way to the Men's room? I seem to have found myself in the Ladies room.
  14. ak47kaehu

ak47kaehu Active Member

289 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    down the hall and 2nd door to the right.
  15. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Thanks! ;)
  16. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,421 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    Sorry to hear his breast is still tender.

Who do we have to miss edge containment in his place? I hope they step up...