Spencer *may* need surgery ...at some point

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Pessimist_cowboy, Sep 19, 2013.

1. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

62,021 Messages
    14,131 Likes Received
    Short term problem. 4 months tops.
    texbumthelife likes this.
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Benched

43,820 Messages
    3,379 Likes Received

with that money this year we could have gotten Dez taken care of before now. If he has a monster year the price goes way up. Or even just equals last year.
  3. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member

3,915 Messages
    1,081 Likes Received
    Might be true, but who believes they would have franchised him if the knew what Selvie was going to do? Hindsight 20/20.
  4. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

10,263 Messages
    11,468 Likes Received
    Totally agree, 10 million was stupid, should have let him walk.
  5. silver

silver Well-Known Member

6,165 Messages
    893 Likes Received
    Anybody else feels he hurts himself when he does his patented whiplash celebration move after a sack? Somebody tell him he needs to stop that stupid move. Yes we appreciate the sack but don't hurt yourself celebrating please!
  6. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

4,023 Messages
    1,811 Likes Received
    Nah , I like being a rebel news is news ;)
  7. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

26,237 Messages
    2,922 Likes Received
    I really hope this injury isn't too serious. I'm of course all for letting Spencer go after the season and not over paying for him, I've said that for three years now, but I would like to see him be a help this season.
  8. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

7,186 Messages
    2,539 Likes Received
    I love spencer. I was all in for resigning him but im glad we didnt with the knee issue. This could very well play in our favor and we can resign him for way cheaper now. Spencers a beast and I want him on this team!!
  9. bark

bark Well-Known Member

3,753 Messages
    2,535 Likes Received
    This is a situation where both parties lose
  10. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

9,800 Messages
    1,006 Likes Received
    stupid to franchise him a waiste of 10mil. I would of let him go and got bennett to start or signed a gap filler. Heck it looks like selvie could be the guy to replace him this year.
  11. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

6,522 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    Well, on the bright side, we are getting more bang from our buck (actually $10M) from Spencer than Ratliff this year. I admit it isn't very bright and you really have to loog to find it.:)
  12. dwight

dwight Well-Known Member

1,903 Messages
    795 Likes Received
    Spencer will be 30 next year. Let him go and use that money on Dez and sign a young and affordable free agent.
  13. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

6,843 Messages
    2,664 Likes Received
    Hindsight is 20/20. Who knew past spring he would have knee problems this season?

He was the best defender on the team last year. Many "experts" considered him top 3 defender in the league during the last month of the season.

It was a good calculated gamble that hasn't worked out.
    Chocolate Lab likes this.
  14. jobberone

jobberone Let's go fishing Staff Member

46,478 Messages
    9,051 Likes Received
    You cannot post fake or false news. I don't think yours is over the line but you're tempting it with the report he needs surgery. Please be careful what you post.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  15. jobberone

46,478 Messages
    9,051 Likes Received
    I wouldn't jump the gun on this. He may or may not need surgery at some point. We don't know if he has a meniscal tear that may heal by itself or need arthroscopic surgery to repair. We certainly don't know if he has missing cartilage that would require microfracture surgery. But I have some concerns. We'll know as time goes by.
  16. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

6,374 Messages
    8,947 Likes Received
    If Spence can just give us what he can and Selvie keeps up the good work we'll be fine. Other than that last KC drive (which was aided by bad officiating on 2 calls) the front line has defended the run well and created lots of sacks and pressures on the QB
  17. jobberone

46,478 Messages
    9,051 Likes Received
    BTW, I like Selvie as a pass rusher ok but someone wasn't stopping the run over the RE last game. I haven't seen the film yet I've been too busy. But someone is not doing their job over there. Maybe it's Spencer or Selvie or Durant or even the CB or a combination. They're all involved with the 5 and 8.
  18. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Well-Known Member

2,589 Messages
    1,301 Likes Received
    If Jerry made the right call he would have let him walk right out the door with his $10+ million dollar price tag, signed a top 3 free agent offensive lineman and choice of Osi, Freeney, Avril.
    dwight likes this.
  19. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler

9,994 Messages
    4,858 Likes Received
    Whether Spencer needs surgery or not, I think it is safe to say this is his last season in Dallas. Too many injury issues to retain him in 2014 and beyond IMO. Ware also facing(allegedly) neck problems again, at least they found something in Selvie to fill in. Are we looking at a DE at #1 in next years draft?
  20. jobberone

46,478 Messages
    9,051 Likes Received
    That's a good question and I'd say yes right now. There's a lot that can happen between now and the draft though. I'm not going to count Spencer as good as gone. He's too good a player to give up on yet. This may make him more palatable for us to sigh should his health not preclude that. We need him back though. I'd love to see him on the field ASAP if he can perform as expected.