1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

*SPOILERS*The Walking Dead Season 4– First half of season

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by MichaelWinicki, Oct 13, 2013.

1. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,403 Messages
    2,995 Likes Received
    No, I don't view it as a mercy put-down. I think she was beside herself with anger. First he leaves her and her daughter with minimal protection, to fulfill this mission of his. Then the daughter gets bit and dies. Then she see's the governor cut off a guy's head and then pronounce "Kill them all" and leads this charge through the fences that is going to do nothing to ensure the security of the group... like he stated previously was his mission, i.e. group security.

At that juncture she had quite enough of the governor.

I would like to see her and her sister in future episodes.
  2. MichaelWinicki

32,403 Messages
    2,995 Likes Received
    Interesting thought about Daryl. It could happen with all that's happened... loss of the prison, loss of Carol. But he seemed to avoid that after having the gut-wrenching experience of having to put Merle down after he turned. I think if there's one constant in the show it's Daryl. From about 5 minutes after his character was introduced in season 1, and he got through his "You left my brother on a roof?" snit, Daryl has been Daryl.
  3. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,647 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    Yeah. He fought Shane real tough and all. It just seemed odd to me with the character.

Yeah I would have been, if it werent for the fact that the Gov. guys hit him in the face with a gun and were all kicking the crap out of him before the Gov took over. He beat on Merle because Merle had already received a pretty quick and painful beat down.

Oh...excellent point. I didn't think about that but then the Gov. also had taken a shot from Rick to the arm. So he shouldn't have been able to use his arm as good as he was either.
  4. BraveHeartFan

23,647 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received

Yeah I can understand that but there is a difference between making him a super hero and just what I feel is foolish writing. Given the circumstances, both had been shot, and Rick just watched this guy cut the head off of his good friend and the one guy that really helps keep Rick sane, and he's leading a charge on the prison that is going to destroy the place where his family is surviving I felt that Rick deserved a bit better showing in that fight.

Just seemed like they wanted to make the Gov. look way to strong on what was clearly going to be his way out of the show. Again I don't mind the Gov. winning the fight overall. I am fine with that but you've got to have it be more even handed, IMO.

I mean to me this is the battle between the main good guy and the guy who has been, far and away, the main bad guy for your show at this point. That fight should have been a lot more, IMO, all things considered.
  5. MichaelWinicki

32,403 Messages
    2,995 Likes Received
    I agree with you... I didn't like how they choreographed the fight.
  6. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,284 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    Are they writing Glenn out of the show? He hasn't been relevant for a while now.
  7. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,165 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    I'm curious about that as well. I will say that the little subplot with him and his girl is getting old.

If they were writing him out, the episode when the "sick wing" was infiltrated would've been perfect.
  8. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,579 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    Rick did have a bullet hole in his leg. That'll pretty much tip the odds in the Gov's favor.
  9. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,284 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    Carol!

http://www.blastr.com/2013-12-4/walking-dead-exec-promises-sanctuary-and-fave-characters-return-2014

It’s going to be a long few months while we wait for the second half of The Walking Dead’s fourth season to return, but series creator Robert Kirkman has at least dropped some hints on what we can expect next year.

In a chat with TV Guide, Kirkman dropped three major tidbits about what fans will see once the series returns on February 9. Though it sounds like the back half of season four will continue to diverge from the comics (to a degree), it should at least give fans a few things they’ve been wanting.
  10. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,579 Messages
    516 Likes Received

Good point. And a shot in the arm from a .44 magnum... sorry but that arm, what was left of it, would have been useless. That shot should have taken the arm clean off.
  11. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,271 Messages
    1,294 Likes Received
    so far i've seen people debate the flow and how it should have gone.

it never should have gone this way.

this season so far is throwing pieces on the wall and hoping it carries the weight it used to.

it doesn't.

1 man running a tank? as far as i know it takes at least 3, usually 4.

a few dozen zombies in a puddle of mud you can't drive around? lets drive back to the camp and not wonder who put those zombies in there.

in just one short week i can kill your leader, convert his brother, and sink the lead at the front of a dock in zombie fashion but hey, no one else will come see it. hell, the gov said they'd say he died on a raid.

they never made.

there are (2) things that i value when looking at a story.

1) suspension of disbelief
    2) unresolved anticipation

this season is a train wreck and i hate it with every fibre i have. i'm not about to get lost in a convo about how rick got beat up. ****, an entire army lost the fact he was hiding behind the bus to build up that stupid scene. they went right by him. so many things just don't come together to make things add up as a story.

i'm not sure what happened between last season and this one but the overall direction of the story sucks.

i never saw hershel being killed. that actually pissed me the hell off cause it was a drama move, not something built to. but hey, done. but killing hershel is the same as daryl or rick to me. you just don't do it.

load up a bunch of useless bodies in a field with strange signs on them and a heads under a bead and call it a show. but don't kill off the people i come back to watch week after week.

this season so far has asked too much from me in regard to suspension of disbelief.

and the unresolved anticipation is epic.

i almost don't give a **** about the 2nd half.
    Rack Bauer likes this.
  12. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Well-Known Member

4,258 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    You never ever leave an enemy alive. No matter how badely he's hurt. Did the woman shoot him at the end. I saw her walk up, stand over him and the gun went off. Her hand was shaking pretty badly. Meshone should have cut his head off and stuck it on a fence post.
  13. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,818 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    I may be wrong, but I think Meshone wanted him to suffer and become a zombie.
  14. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I don't look to TV for realism, especially a show about zombies. I think it has been a very good. Sounds like you need to find another program during that time slot for your viewing pleasure lol.
    Joe Rod likes this.
  15. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I kinda wanted to see him as a zombie myself.
  16. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,502 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    I was just going to post something similar myself, but I guess at the end of the day people have varying levels of interest and expectations. I personally don't look for writing brilliance in my zombie shows, but I suspect there are those that take this more seriously than I do. What I have seen this season has been entertaining and worth the watch. I also like that they paid homage to how the books went down by bringing in the tank, having the Governor take off someone's head (different character I know) and having Lilly be the one that ultimately kills the Governor. All in all I am pretty excited about the second half.
  17. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,301 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    I can understand your points about everything except about Herschel. A big problem with a lot of TV and movies is playing it safe and being unwilling to kill off the people everyone thinks is untouchable. And building up to it is predictable formulaic storytelling that is in almost everything. A big part of the appeal of Game of Thrones is the killing off of characters when it's not expected or who were considered safe. However, in this case, I do think there was some build up (not necessarily in this episode), and it wasn't really that surprising.
  18. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,502 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    They never gave good angles of Rick's bullet wound vs the Governors, but I assumed from the get-go he was only grazed. He never really looked like he lost much use of his arm that I detected while Rick limped off when he took cover.

Could be that I am wrong, but that is what I noticed when going through the motions of the show.
  19. BraveHeartFan

23,647 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    I'm sorry you're not enjoying this season. I've enjoyed it quite a bit myself.
  20. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,579 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    Gotta agree with iceberg. The show looks like it's being directed by a teenager.