1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sporting News: DeMarco Murray, Is second-year back first-round worthy?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by Risen Star, May 19, 2012.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,534 Messages
    8,483 Likes Received
    The offseason lends itself to a few players increasing their fantasy stock if for no other there's nothing else to talk about.

In 2012, that player is Dallas running back DeMarco Murray, and it's totally my fault. Well, colleague Matt Lutovsky also is to blame. The "DeMar-ket" is booming, and it's only going to grow heading into the preseason.

This despite the fact Fantasy Source ranked Murray at No. 12 in our RB Rankings. That suggests Murray is more of a second-round pick. Some of our competitors have Murray pegged as a third-round pick.

Lutovsky and I, however, appear on a mission to push Murray into the first round. Lutovsky drafted Murray at No. 15 in our January Experts Mock Draft. I took Murray at No. 10 in our May Experts Mock Draft. At that point, Lutovsky said, "It's going to be real fun fighting over him in August."

http://fantasysource.sportingnews.c...ill-bender/2012-05-18/sleepers-demarco-murray
  2. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Well-Known Member

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    I got lucky and dropped Micheal Turner for him before that Rams game. Swept my league for having him and getting Jimmy Graham in a late round.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,888 Messages
    1,781 Likes Received
    In a 12 team league - he is right on the cusp of the first round. I'd say he will generally go in the 10-15 range.
  4. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,063 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    Most likely a 2nd round pick in a standard 10 or 12 team draft. Tremendous RB2 with upside.
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,534 Messages
    8,483 Likes Received
    Maybe in a Cowboys fan league. I've done a few 10 teams yahoo mock drafts lately and Murray is usually a 3rd/4th round pick.

It makes sense. He's got durability issues, he shares the load with Felix and he's got a weak offensive line.
  6. TennMike

TennMike New Member

22 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, if he drops to the 2nd, I'll grab him. Not 1st round though.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,888 Messages
    1,781 Likes Received
    I don't see any way possible he lasts to the fourth round. I know he wouldn't last that long in my leagues and I don't play with any Cowboy fans - just serious FF guys. I would consider him a solid pick in the late second, 12 team league.

I hear ya on the weak OL - but I think FJ sees less and less carries.
  8. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,343 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    Im hoping he falls to me at the end of the 2nd round in my draft (10 teams). Love to add him to Foster.
  9. cowboyspride1980

cowboyspride1980 New Member

22 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    me too...guy has great talent i defintely see him having an awesome yr