1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sportsline Power Ranking

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by VACowboy, Oct 11, 2005.

1. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,603 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    CLICK

Probably closest to reality I've seen so far.

I live in Redskin country with a family full of obnoxiously mouthy fairweather Redskin fans, so I *HATE* the Skins at least as much as anyone else, but I am also realistic. They are 4-0 and could easily be 0-4. They also play championship caliber defense, have a pretty good OL, a true deep threat at WR and a Pro Bowl RB, so they have almost all the ingredients. They don't need to score a lot of points to win. If Brunell continues managing games like he has been, the Skins are gonna be a very tough out.
  2. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Ya know, there's a saying "You're never as good or as bad as your last game"....

Much as I was floored with our performance on Sunday...jumping 8 spots in one week seems a bit much.
  3. JDSmith

JDSmith New Member

1,669 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    OK, so the number 6 ranked team gets beat by the number 26 ranked team and moves UP in the rankings one spot.... sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
  4. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I guess it's who you beat and after all we did more than just beat them.....They had Philly ranked #2 they dropped to #9........we jump from #16 to #8.
  5. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,607 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    They aren't 4-0, they are 3-1. But your point is well made. The skins are a better team than a lot of people have been giving them credit for.
  6. VACowboy

3,603 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Woops. Yeah. 3-1.
  7. 2much2soon

2much2soon Active Member

2,438 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    As much as I hate to admit it, they are better than I thought. Hanging tough in Denver is no small feat.
    Here's to them collapsing at some point, though. It wouldn't surprise me to see that.
  8. LeonDixson

9,607 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I can't say I'd be surprised either, and in fact I hope they do. But at this point, I'm not predicting it because they've just been too tough.
  9. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    the Redskins are doing much better than expected, but I don't see how you can dominate in almost every area of a game, yet still lose, not only that, but get an extra chance, or 2, to try and win it, the Broncos aren't that good, we passed our greatest test so far, and handily, they haven't, we should be ranked above them, or maybe they're factoring that win against us?
  10. austintodallas

austintodallas Consider Yourself Sucked

2,413 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Redskins will be getting a "reality" check in KC this weekend.
  11. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    KC should be a good test for their D.
  12. VACowboy

3,603 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    I don't think #8 is much too high for Dallas, four places at most. Who do you put in front of the Boys? Philly? Atlanta? Gints? Jags?
  13. LeonDixson

9,607 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Didn't we dominate the skins in almost every area of the game yet still lose to them?
  14. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    yep, and that's why after that game, up until Monday, I had ranked the skins ahead of us in my power rankings

but factoring in that we were this close to beating them, I know we can beat them, we proven it by dominating them for 55 minutes, and dismantling the Eagles, even if it was for just one game, so we're ranked ahead of them in my book
  15. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,858 Messages
    262 Likes Received
    4 NFC East teams in the top 11.
  16. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

2,858 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    I see Washington as a mirage. They've scored 62 points and only given up 58. That is only a 4 point margin and teams that close don't run out the season on a high note.
  17. Scotman

Scotman Member

861 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Exactly what I was thinking! This bodes well for us. The Boys are always better when the NFC east is strong as a whole. This is good news.
  18. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    the boys have always been better when they owned the Beast lol
  19. Taylor_Can_Hit21

Taylor_Can_Hit21 Member

271 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Very very scary. But...you gotta be tough to hang in this division it would seem. Eagles...you played like a bunch of whimps.
  20. Taylor_Can_Hit21

Taylor_Can_Hit21 Member

271 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah...but check out the offensive stats and tell me that we aren't starting to click. Through regulation we have scored more points each game...if our Defense would actually show up and play the whole game...i dont see why we cant be a contender.