1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sportsnation's Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ABQcowboyJR, Mar 31, 2008.

1. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,906 Messages
    118 Likes Received
  2. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I would like McKelvin at 28 :)

But not Felix at 22. :(
  3. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,966 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    Jones is a bad first pick. I've quickly soured on him....Actually, I was never high on him to begin with. Bad pick at 22.

But as bad as that pick was, the pick at 28 was pretty good. McKelvin at 28? Wow....

Hope the Titans see that.
  4. The Rawhide Kid

The Rawhide Kid Gunslinger

753 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just don't see Atlanta taking DMac nor do I think the Dolphins take Ryan that high. Also surprised to see Brohm shoot up that high. I like us getting McKelvin but not sold on Jones yet.
  5. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,906 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    What happened to Cason?
  6. Doctor32

Doctor32 Hi-Definition Warrior

1,069 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    This could happen.
    It could also be McKelvin at 22 and Felix Jones at 28.
    Either way, I would consider it a success. Then the Cowboys can take WR or Safety in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
  7. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't see everyone's lovefest with Felix Jones, he's not better than Julius Jones... Could have resigned Julius if that's the case.
  8. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,560 Messages
    3,843 Likes Received
    He's not a JJ type of back IMO. He's a Bush type player. I really like the kid. I'd take Chris Johnson over him. In fact I'd go ballistic if they left Johnson on the board at 22 or 28. I don't see how he will fall out of the 1st. Unless something has happened lately.
  9. Encore

Encore Never Enough

574 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    #14 - Selection: Chad Henne, QB.

Reach?
  10. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,176 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    Cannot wait until the draft......not long now
  11. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,756 Messages
    125 Likes Received

Henne is a complete stud.......just ask Appalachian St., Oregon, and Ohio St.
  12. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,980 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    He doesn't catch the ball as well as Bush, and if he runs between the tackles anything like Bush, I'd just as soon find someone else.

And if we take Chris Johnson in the first round, I will be very upset. Him being taken out of the first isn't "falling", it would actually be reaching.

The only people that have said he's a first round talent as he fans on this board and others, not draft scouts or analysts.
  13. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,560 Messages
    3,843 Likes Received
    Not true my friend. He is considered the third best RB by scouts. Of course that list changes too much for me. So some beyond this board think he is first round talent. Of course I think 60 players could be first round talent. Only 31 get that bonus this year. It's all relative.

I think Johnson is a better prospect than Jones. Jones is considered first round by enough. He's considered second round by more than a few as well.

We'll have to have this conversation again in three-four years.
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,980 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    Please provide proof of this bold claim.

My point isn't that CJ can't go on to have a great career, there are plenty of 2nd and later round picks that wind up all-pros.
  15. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Invasion USA, nice pic!
    I like Lone Wolf McQuade better though!
  16. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I stopped reading after I saw the Falcons who just asigned Michael Turner draft McFadden when they need a Q.B.! LOL

McKelvin at #28 also makes this mock a complete joke and the website a joke and take this site off your FAVORITES and move on.
  17. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,503 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    If there isn't an elite player at a position of need sitting there when we pick, someone like a Malcolm Kelly, Cromartie, or Aquib Talib, I imagine we trade at least one of those two picks down because there is going to be a WR, CB, and a RB to suit us in the second easily.
    I think Felix Jones can still be had with a trade down a few spots in the first. Although I don't think he'll be much better than JJ was, FJ would provide some kick returning ability also.
    I think CB Cason would be there very late first, early second also. And Jamaal Charles may last all the way to our current 2nd round pick.