1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sr Bowl

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 21, 2014.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

10,210 Messages
    2,733 Likes Received
    There isnt very many 3techs in this draft. All of the top DTs in this draft are 1techs or NTs. So its not hard to be the best 3tech.
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    He's the best 3 tech thats been in the draft in years. They guy has 1st round talent and is a very productive player. Has proven everyone wrong about everything. I like him, you don't. Leave it at that.
  3. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

10,210 Messages
    2,733 Likes Received
    Suh, and mcCoy would laugh at you
  4. supercowboy8

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    I said in years, never said how many. Donald is the best 3 tech in the draft since McCoy in 2010. There does that make it better for you.
  5. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

10,210 Messages
    2,733 Likes Received
    lol so you pick a yr that best suits you huh.smart
  6. supercowboy8

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Brian Broaddus on dallascowboys.com made a good comparison for Donald. We have heard the Geno Atkins, Jurell casey,a dn even John Randle. But Broaddus just made the comparison to La'Roi Glover. I would be happy with that.
    Gaede likes this.
  7. supercowboy8

6,110 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    hahaaahaaaa yep i pick the truth. I said years and looking over the past few years of the 3 techs drafted. McCoy was a better player but thats it. You hate DOnald for reasons unknown. Thats fine. I like him. This is over. good night. All your posts are inaccurate and obviously one-sided.
  8. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

10,210 Messages
    2,733 Likes Received
    Where have a said i hate donald? in my latest mock that i have i had him going to the bears. Which is where i think he will end u going. Ur assumptions just got flushed down the toilet
  9. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

10,062 Messages
    1,381 Likes Received
    All the twitter scouts love Donald.
  10. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

36,382 Messages
    2,764 Likes Received
    It's very hard to tell what kind of situations the coaching staff put Donald in today. He's never going to be a strong at the point of attack kind of DT but that would not be his role in Marinelli's defense.

However, I will say this. Of what I saw from todays practice, Donald did win off the snap. He could not hold his position at times but as far as beating his man off the snap, he did that pretty consistently I thought.
  11. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

10,210 Messages
    2,733 Likes Received
    I agree too, the question is do you get him a guy thats going to give ground in the run game or in short yardage situations. Or do you go for a DT, like Tuitt, Hageman, Quarles. Bigger DTs that can rush the passer and still play the run. Its a tough posistion to be in for the coaches. The week hes having tho i cant see how this kid gets past Chicago @ 14 with their need at DT.
  12. ABQCOWBOY

36,382 Messages
    2,764 Likes Received
    To answer the question, I think that we are in much better shape at 1Tech then we are at 3Tech. We can not be in a situation where we are forced to pay Hatcher because that's probably not in our future financially. 3Tech is the better value for us, IMO.

I do agree with you though. Chicago has to be very, very interested in this guy as well. However, I am not at all sure that Donald is a done deal for Chicago. Chicago's defensive needs are all over the place. Their LBs could not tackle to save their lives and that is a big question mark for them. Do they need to upgrade that position or have they already replenished with guys who just need more experience? DT is a problem for sure but I'm not sure if that's just more due to injury then actual talent. It really depends on how they see Melton. Right now, coming off injury and with his off the field issues, he may be cheaper then what the Bears initially believed him to be. They may decide to resign him. If that happens, then 3Tech is not really a need for them. DE, however is a huge need for them IMO. Peppers is getting older and they really need another DE opposite him to bring pressure. It's also only a matter of time before Peppers hangs it up and now is probably the time for them to start looking for his replacement. They also need Safety help in the worst way. Wright and Conte were terrible last year and I see nothing behind them that would suggest to me that they have a solution.

I don't think 3Tech is a given for Chicago. Doesn't mean they are not looking that way but they have plenty of needs besides DT. I guess we'll see.
  13. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

12,383 Messages
    4,261 Likes Received
    I have heard that the Chicago GM has said they plan on playing more of a 3-4/4-3 hybrid defense next year with more 2-gap than 1-gap being played. If that is indeed the case, even if Chicago does go with a DT with their first pick, it probably would be someone more like Nix that could 2-gap if necessary.

Donald would have been a perfect fit for them when Lovie was there. Now, not so much.

He does fit perfectly here in Dallas though.:)
  14. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

10,210 Messages
    2,733 Likes Received
    True, another team is Tampa. I hadnt thought about them, but the announcers talked about it. But maybe they were thinking him in the 2nd round.
  15. ABQCOWBOY

36,382 Messages
    2,764 Likes Received
    I don't know if he's a lock for the 1st round. He may be a guy who slips to the early 2nd round or later. A lot of evaluations to be done before that is figured out I guess.
  16. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

10,210 Messages
    2,733 Likes Received
    I think he has RD1 talent, but i agree with you, his lack of height and arms probably take him to RD2 and Dallas loses out if thats the case.

On another note Carr is killing it. Would you like him picks at 16 if he fell? lol
  17. ABQCOWBOY

36,382 Messages
    2,764 Likes Received
    I don't love Carr at 16. I would much rather take him in the second round but he may be a guy who gets pushed up because he's a QB. I still don't love his footwork and I think he needs to get better there but hey, if the Cowboys took him, I would not be all that disappointed.
  18. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,742 Messages
    958 Likes Received
    Bears let up a ridiculous 161 rushing yards per game last year. Somehow I don't think adding a 280 lb DT with their 1st round pick is going to remedy that situation....plus Lovie and Rod aren't there anymore so there's no real connection that would bring him there. Donald isn't going in the top 15 to any team though. Can we at least wait and see what he does in the actual game before the Aaron Donald hype train goes completely off the rails?
  19. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

3,202 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    some college stars don't translate to the NFL . I personally like Donald though
  20. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

4,238 Messages
    897 Likes Received
    Calvin Watkins reporting that the Cowboys have spoke to Aaron Donald, Jemea Thomas, and Dee Ford.

Defense, defense, defense.

Still, Jerry will draft a Tight End, a long snapper, and a baseball player.