1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Brandon Carr says there comes a point when Cowboys have to say, 'Enough is enough'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Nov 11, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

27,250 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    Cornerback Brandon Carr said the Cowboys don’t have average players, and they shouldn’t be playing this poorly on defense.

“There just comes a point where you just have to say, enough is enough, man,” he said after the Cowboys’ 49-17 loss to the Saints on Sunday night. “The players we have in this locker room, we all feel the same way. It’s going to take just the whole team, the belief that we are the players that we believe in our minds, and that’s got to translate on to the field.

“We got to make plays, man. We leave too many plays on the field. Woulda, coulda, shouldas and all those things.”

Carr said as professional athletes, the Cowboys need to be “a step ahead of the game at all times” but aren’t often enough.

“I feel like we’re just always off, always off balance on things, sometimes all three phases of the ball, but especially defense,” he said. “It’s tough.”

Carr was speaking in frustration, sometimes trailing off his sentences and taking a moment to recompose his thoughts.

“It’s frustrating,” he said. “We don’t have average players on this team. We know we have some guys that can make plays. There are special players on this team, and we’re not showing the capabilities that we have out there as a whole. It’s frustrating. At the same time, man, it’s all a learning process.”

The way forward is simple, Carr said.

“Got to get back to basics,” he said. “You learn from these games, yes. A game like this, you definitely have to learn from it, but at the same time, you have to flush it. You have to get it out of your system and start from the ground up again. The little things on our defense, the little things that we see on film, we have a week off to pretty much break down all six of the teams we have left, and three of them we know who they are – we play them twice a year.

“But we got to go back to basics, go back to Day 1, getting everybody on the same page.”

-- Carlos Mendez

Twitter @calexmendez

Continue reading...
  2. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,465 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    "enough" actually precluded Carr's FA signing to this team.
  3. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,635 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    Well, there also comes a time when the fans say 'enough is enough.' I think I have seen enough of this team so far this year to conclude that the Cowboys just don't have "it," that something special which might provide a glimmer of hope if only they can only get to the playoffs.

I still like the Cowboys, wish them well, and hope for the best. I no longer expect much from this team. They gave good effort for 10 games and provided me with a lot of entertainment. I am thankful for that. Good luck to them for the next 6 games.
    StarBoyz83 likes this.
  4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,451 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    For the longest time, I waited for Jerry to reach that point and bring in a GM but I no longer hold out hope for that possibility.
  5. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,254 Messages
    572 Likes Received
    Enough is enough, we need to storm the GM's office and tell him he needs to fire himself?
  6. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,771 Messages
    1,194 Likes Received
    It's been enough is enough for years now. Nothing ever changes.
    Coakleys Dad likes this.
  7. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,191 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    what do you guys think a new gm will do? really, I'm serious. a new gm will do the same things Jerry does, listen to the scouts, who listen to the coaches, or vice versa, contact the agent of the player or players the coaches think will fit their scheme, then he will go to Jerry with the amount that the agent and player or players want, and Jerry will then give him his directions on what he will and will not pay etc. etc. The media has all of you believing that a gm, finds and picks the players for a team, no sir//maam a gm follows the directions given to him by the owner and the coaching staff.
  8. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,354 Messages
    1,990 Likes Received
    News: ST: Brandon Carr says there comes a point when Cowboys have to say, 'Enough is enough'

he followed that up by saying "that point is not now since we can still get to the playoffs"
  9. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,517 Messages
    1,763 Likes Received
    When you hear a player say "Get back to the basics" that means crap has hit the fan and things about to get worse...
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,450 Messages
    2,134 Likes Received
    Pretty much. Can't even pinpoint what the problem is so might as well start back at square one.

Of course, the problem is that the defense doesn't have nearly the talent that he gives them credit for.
    khiladi likes this.
  11. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,087 Messages
    440 Likes Received
    So by your account the GM does nothing.

Jerry's already paying one to do that.

The owner signs the checks.

Jerry's comment that he likes to keep the GM close to the guy who signs the checks maintains his non-accountability status as GM.

Plain as day.
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,354 Messages
    1,990 Likes Received

Wow!!