News: ST: Brent’s return: Not now, not here with Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Aug 8, 2014.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

22,427 Messages
    3,921 Likes Received
    Brent’s return: Not now, not here with Cowboys

By Gil LeBreton

glebreton@star-telegram.com

[IMG] He killed his teammate.

I’m sorry, but I can’t get past that seemingly neglected part of the Josh Brent case.

The Josh Brent case that was dropped in NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s lap Thursday.

The Josh Brent, fresh out of jail — again — for driving drunk, to whom Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones wants to give a “second chance.”

Help me out here, because I’m having trouble imagining how Brent’s reinstatement meeting with Goodell must have gone Thursday afternoon.

Commish: Is this the first time you’ve been convicted of driving under the influence?...

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/08/07/6028370/brents-return-not-now-not-here.html#storylink=cpy
  2. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

3,968 Messages
    2,502 Likes Received
    What a load of crap. Didn't even have to read it. It's been incredibly clear that Brent is remorseful. He served his time. Apologized to the family. Asked for their blessing to return to the field.

I'm pretty damn sure this guy should get a second chance. He's going to have to live the rest of his life knowing he killed his friend.

He's been nothing but class in the way he's handled it and it's obvious he's humble and sincere in his guilt and sadness.

The state of our defensive line has nothing to do with my feelings on the subject by the way :p
    Redball Express likes this.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

32,115 Messages
    32,537 Likes Received
    Yeah, he probably should get a second chance but not before serving a year's suspension, IMO.
    Carl23 and Screw The Hall like this.
  4. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

7,027 Messages
    4,172 Likes Received
    Whether or not he plays this year, he could be part of a decent D-line a year from now. I don't expect much of the D-line this year, but they have potential. Brent is a proven NT and will probably be a solid 1-tech in a 4-3. I really like Ken Bishop but he won't be a legit 1-tech for another year or two. I've heard good things about McClain. I consider him more of a 3-tech though but he can play both. Then there's Melton. We could have decent DTs with Melton, McClain, Brent and Bishop. We definitely need to fix DE though.
    FuzzyLumpkins likes this.
  5. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

3,865 Messages
    3,109 Likes Received
    he already served a years suspension
  6. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

13,192 Messages
    4,661 Likes Received
    Just wondering if the Ex-Ram, Leonard Little got a year suspension. I think Donte Stallworth did. Not sure about Little though.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

39,988 Messages
    18,233 Likes Received
    Little got 8 games.