1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Called out: Cowboys’ Ware promises to be a force

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Dec 12, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

32,816 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    [CDATA[Defensive end DeMarcus Ware says to those wondering if he’s in decline, “See if they can block me.”]]>

Continue reading...
  2. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,222 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    We'll see how he does Sunday.
  3. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,024 Messages
    2,034 Likes Received
    Put ur sacks where your mouth is. I been begging to see it all yr. Guy is one of my favorite all time players. But damn his decline is monumental
  4. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,748 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Ware has put himself in a box with that statement. If he is not a force in the Packers game his words will be hollow; talking the talk but not walking the walk. On the other hand, if he comes out gangbusters and gets three sacks and a FF, some will question whether he was dogging it against the Bears, (since he said he was fully healthy) and needed to be called out in the press in order to get him to play like he should.

He should have simple said, "No, I don't feel like I'm in decline, but I've got to be more effective than I've been." He made a statement similar to that a couple of days ago except without the reference to decline.

All that said, I love Ware for the player he's been and for the person he seems to be off the field. I don't think he's done yet.
  5. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,774 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Oh, well in that case. All is solved..

Super Bowl Champs, Cowboys.:rolleyes:
    khiladi likes this.
  6. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,585 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Lame.

I wouldn't be afraid to go one on one against him. Sure he'd beat me, but it's not like he's LT or Charles Haley who would punish you in the process. Ware would go wide and out run me to the edge. Wow, he could beat a 5'11", 207 lb 41 year old man with multilevel disk and joint degeneration in his back, bulging disk in his back, bulging disk in his neck, Gout, Arthritis in his knees, and a fused bone in his foot. Congratulations, Ware, you're well on your way to being a 20 sack guy again (barely) if you could face me every play.

How about this Ware, we'll get on the field and go against eachother doing what you're trained for, then we'll get on my field and go against each other doing what I'm trained for, how about that, Demarcus?

By the way, I'm in the US Army, Demarcus. Think about that for a minute you washed up sack of garbage. How about shut your freaking mouth and play better. Flapping your gums doesn't put pressure on the QB and force a turnover.

Charley Haley talked smack to opposing Tackles then went out and beat their butts. Ware talks trash to the fans then goes out and gets his butt beat.

Tired of this team of gum flapping wannabes.
  7. BoysFan4ever

6,222 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Another whiny player. I didn't read the whole thing last night.
    khiladi likes this.
  8. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,586 Messages
    727 Likes Received
    Holy crap, dude..................Who typed this for ya?
    Fredd and khiladi like this.
  9. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,730 Messages
    544 Likes Received
    I love what Ware has done for this team over the years but everyone can see that he's not the same powerful and explosive player. He may give it to you in individual plays here and there but that's it. Injures have definitely been a factor. At the same time, his response here is not surprising. Not many great athletes will willingly admit they are losing "their fastball". If the Cowboys are intent on keeping Ware around, he needs to be treated and used as a nickel down player. Limit his snaps and use him strictly as pass rusher. Otherwise, i think what we've seen this year will be the norm going forward.
  10. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,590 Messages
    374 Likes Received
    He needs to shut his trap and play. I find it funny that the dude sits out important downs on occasion when the opposing team is about to score.

Either play or get played, playa.
    visionary and khiladi like this.
  11. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,329 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    When a player or coach starts talking about "getting back to fundamentals", expect things to get worse.... Maybe aware should conduct some player-only meetings to inspire the team to victory as well.
    visionary likes this.
  12. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,505 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    I'm sure he'd still be in double figures as an OLB in the 3-4 with someone covering him vs the run. His best move was always rushing around the OT...not engaging him and getting off the block. I had doubts about him being effective at DE, but everyone said he could do it. He's been a great great one trick pony in the pass rush, but at DE in the 4-3 he needs several tricks, including power. He won't see a dozen sacks again unless we can put some other guys on the DL who command double teams.
    perrykemp likes this.
  13. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,585 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    How many of his sacks game out of the 3-4 in previous years vs as a DE in a Nickel/Dime package?

That would be an interesting stat to see.
  14. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,505 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    Good question...what I'd really like to see is a percentage breakdown that shows how many sacks came from a simple speed rush around the OT in a foot race vs how many sacks where he was engaged at any point. The offsides calls and his success have all come from his need to run pretty clean to the QB.

I respect his numbers, but when teams doubled him or gave the OT help with a RB, he seldom made plays at crunch time because they were taking him out of the game. Still a great player, but honestly, I don't think he will ever produce the numbers he once did or be anywhere near the league leaders at DE or stay healthy playing DE. We should never touch his Contract again, and if I could get a 2nd round pick for him this summer from a team running the 3-4, I'd take it.
  15. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,003 Messages
    1,538 Likes Received
    Other than that, I assume you feel OK? :D
    Rack Bauer likes this.
  16. tcc0808

tcc0808 Member

41 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I would say he was blocked all day......
  17. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,585 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Again Ware, talk is cheap. Shut your freaking mouth and just play.
    khiladi likes this.
  18. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,732 Messages
    1,254 Likes Received
    He was a force alright, a force blowing right past the quarterback and running backs.
    khiladi likes this.
  19. BoysFan4ever

6,222 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    He broke his promise.
    khiladi likes this.
  20. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,311 Messages
    590 Likes Received
    It would be funny if someone took a picture of his pass rush path and then drew an X marks the spot where the QB is and put an arrow over it saying Go Here
    tantrix1969 and khiladi like this.