1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Cowboys’ new-look defense under Kiffin, Marinelli has great debut

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Sep 9, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

32,434 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    ARLINGTON — [IMG] All seniors eat free at local Denny’s on Monday morning.
    Well, OK, it’s a free grand slam breakfast if you can convince management your name is Monte Kiffin or Rod Marinelli.

Hoping to revive what had been a collapsing defensive unit over the last few years, the Dallas Cowboys turned in the off-season to the gray brigade:

The 74-year old Kiffin and the 64-year old Marinelli once had some NFL glory days together, but it was a decade ago in Tampa.

Despite surviving an ample amount of Eli Manning moments on opening night of the 2013 season, the new-look defense ended up saving Sunday evening by coming up with five — count ’em, five — turnovers.

[Six takeaways by Dallas, five by the defense, turn talk of change into action.]]>

Continue reading...
  2. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Monte Kiffin , I believe in him. What a change in the defense this year for Dallas. Every play the defense was looking for turnovers, I saw Church diving for interceptions, striping balls, almost every play. The whole defense played with great energy and purpose, how refreshing.:)
  3. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,164 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    To me..

Kiffin and Marinelli did an incredible job with a defense riddled with injuries and players not dressed.

I mean they have what 2-3 guys playing DL they didn't even have in pre-season..

..but they got them tooled up and geeked up and gave them their chance to show what they could do.

Wow..and this is Eli Manning and the Giants..not some roadkill team.

I'm not expecting this every week..but if this defense can stay rested..uninjured and finds their roles..

..we have a shot now to make the playoffs.

Awesome.
    Fletch likes this.
  4. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    After re-watching the game again I'm more impressed with our defense. Remember this is our first real game. Dallas will work on the problems and tweak the defense to make it better and plug the holes. Good things to come, great job by defense coaches.
  5. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Kiffin and Marinelli are like the dynamic duo, Batman and Robin. Rebuilding the Cowboys defense into something awesome.
  6. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,958 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    Kiffin and Marinelli are unimpressive according to Stephen A. Smith. His rant was ridiculous as usual. In summary, SAS said the Cowboys will be the the usual Cowboys and it will all come unraveled. Skip threw in his two cents and said the Cowboys backed into the win over the Giants. That all the turnovers were gimmes and the Cowboys got very lucky.

The usual vomit being spewed from these two clowns.
    dallasdave likes this.
  7. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,958 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received

I will second that my friend! Just think how much better this team (defense) can be as the season rolls on. That's contigent upon us remaining relatively healthy. But the possibilities are there to be a very good team.
  8. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Thankyou, Stephen A. Smith is a big mouth jerk who never thinks before he talks, and rants like an idiot, non stop for hours.