1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Cowboys practicing at AT&T Stadium, trying out new turf

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Aug 22, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

29,698 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    The Cowboys are holding open practice at the newly named AT&T Stadium. It's a chance for the rookies to get a feel for the stadium before Saturday's first preseason home game. It's a chance to try out the new turf. And it's a chance for the fans to get an up-close look at the 2013 team.

"It’s fun. It really is," Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said before the start of practice. "This is a great building. We all feel very fortunate to play and coach in this building. It’s probably as good a stadium as there is on the planet and to be able to come in here and practice and play our games here, it’s really special. A couple of years ago we had training camp here for a couple of weeks. I think the guys really, really enjoyed being here. Just a fantastic facility and I think every time you go out there you remind yourself how fortunate we are to be a part of it."

Cornerback Orlando Scandrick has returned to the field after tweaking his groin in Wednesday's practice. None of the other injured players returned.

New turf was installed in the off-season, and the Cowboys are getting a chance to try it out.

"I think it’s good for us to be able to get out there and run around a little bit, have a real football practice instead of just walking around or jogging around on it before the game," Garrett said. "I think that’s a good thing for our team. We’ve got to take advantage of it."

-- Charean Williams

Continue reading...
  2. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

991 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I think they need to practice there all the time. At least until we can establish some kind of home field advantage.