1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Jason Witten: It's about execution, not who's calling the plays

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by jobberone, Feb 18, 2013.

1. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,705 Messages
    3,923 Likes Received
    Jason Garrett might give up play-calling duties to Bill Callahan. Then, again, maybe he won't. Both Garrett and Callahan spoke to the media this week, but it remains a mystery about who will actually call the plays for the Cowboys in 2013.

Cowboys tight end Jason Witten said it's not about who calls the plays, but how they are executed. The Cowboys were sixth in total offense last season, but they were only 15th in scoring.

"I think more’s been made of that than probably needs to be as far as a player’s perspective just because it’s all about execution for us," Witten said Friday night at an AdvoCare Success School in Fort Worth. "We’ve got to execute those plans better. We’ve got good plays, and we’ve got some good players, but we’ve got to do a good enough job of executing time and time again. That’s where I focus is on as players, I think, and that’s where it needs to be moving forward."

The Cowboys offense is expected to look much the same as it has since Garrett became the offensive coordinator in 2007 regardless whether he or Callahan is calling the plays.