1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Media puts the wrong Cowboys suspect under microscope

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Wood, Feb 17, 2013.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    I just wish we would hit on an O line pick SOMEWHERE. Its been 10 years since we picked one that hit besides Tyron and he was a no brainer.

I look at the Raiders and as screwed up as they are they still manage to hit on some O line guys. Sure they blew it on Gallery but at least they got some good years from him as a guard. Then they take a flyer on Veldheer (who I admit was a pet cat of mine) and he looks like he will be a franchise LT.
  2. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,532 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    I have no problem acknowledging that our O-line has been woeful for two years and there were definitely cracks showing in the foundation for a couple years before that. No one disagrees with that.

The point, as you well know, is that you can't spend your resources twice. I've asked you twice for what you'd have done differently. I get it. Its a hard question. Because we don't really have areas on the team that have been overemphasized.
  3. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,532 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Agreed.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Well lets see: Trade up to get Unger; make OL more of a priority; get one good OG for the price of two JAGS. I could go on but you really are lost on this one.
  5. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,532 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    In order to "go on" you have to start first with some good responses. You haven't.

"Make O-line more of a priority" works nicely because you don't actually forego any of the good players we actually spent our picks on.

Nevermind. You just want to gripe. I'll get out of your way.
  6. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,691 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    so he gave his best impersonation of Coach Landry......who was always stoic, matter of fact, and very unemotional in interviews.

Also, look at Belichek, he too shows almost no emotion in interviews. He is just there, monotone and giving you nothing to go by.