1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Receivers coach says Beasley has added to 'route inventory' and will have to play more

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Tractor1

Tractor1 Member

189 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Kelvin Martin was 5'9" and 165 lbs. He was a timely and productive receiver for the Cowboys.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,811 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    I do recall that yes, particularly dangerous around the goal line. Man those teams had some great role players.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,820 Messages
    1,605 Likes Received
    Yeah. I was biting my tongue on that one.
    But that is from the same guy who thinks Romo is the main problem.
    To each his own, I guess.
  4. Donny Phoenix

Donny Phoenix Active Member

134 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I called his spot on the team into question, and its good to hear he's expanded his "route inventory". Will definitely help keep him ahead of his competition. Now they need to step it up! Thats what its about!
  5. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,423 Messages
    526 Likes Received
    Love beas. Small guy, classic underdog, but has shown to be durable and has reliable hands to go with his quickness. He moves the chains and tony trusts him.
  6. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,944 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    He's a legitimate weapon in space...
  7. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,797 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    wow...both your posts are... says it all....another agenda pusher....really
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  8. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

811 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    You got it...Romo just loves the guy and you know what Romo wants, Romo gets.
    Beas is a lock...
  9. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

1,685 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    It surely appears like Linehan sees Beasley has what it takes to get open and wants to take advantage of it. If nothing else, it'll take some of the pressure off of Dez and Williams. It'll cause defenses to adjust to varying offensive looks. Not such a bad idea. Linehan definitely appears to be doing due diligence to create pressure situations for defenses. Looks like it'll be hard to say he's not, at least, trying to what he can to change our predictability -- I'm liking it.
  10. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,208 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    Thank you for that, Welker was going to be my example.
  11. chicago JK

chicago JK Well-Known Member

1,547 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    Really like Cole and he has definitely found/created a role with Dallas.

Although I think you are not being honest if you don't think he is a player who will need to fight to make the roster this year and any year after. If you are a four or five receiver who does not play on special teams you leave yourself vulnerable. Not saying he will get cut but if a few injuries hit or if cowboys are worried about special teams, there is a balancing game of who stays and who gets cut. Beasley does one to two things very well. But he may be competing against a bigger guy who they like who also plays all three special teams. It is a factor.
    Donny Phoenix likes this.
  12. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

10,973 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    Guilty as charged.........I just like the flexibility quick guys can give to an offense. Especially on thirds.
  13. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,714 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    Spot on. I cringe at thinking about him playing outside at all though. I think we should get him the ball a lot more than we have in the past.
  14. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,338 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    people want to run more, get the ball to dez more, get another te involved and get more passes to beasley. the math just does'nt add up. i like beasley because he gets open and catches the ball. but he is never going to be a target like welker because welker was their top reciever. i think his strength is quickness which is better from the slot but can still do some stuff outside. beasley may be small but he is quick and has good hands and can move the chains. there is always a place for a player who can move the chains
    Bigdog24, Crown Royal and Primetime42 like this.
  15. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

4,335 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    That would be me. He and Tony are going to light it up this year.
  16. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,742 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    There's only so many passes to go around.

And stop overrating the kid. He's no Welker. At least not yet.
  17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,051 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    This completely.
  18. bark

bark Well-Known Member

1,883 Messages
    706 Likes Received
    Beasley is almost almost open right after the snap. His initial moves of the Los are ankle breakers. Great hands. Love this kid
  19. Bcrav4

Bcrav4 Member

53 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Can he actually beat an outside corner? I can see it for the smaller ones, but the big ones will be able to toss him on the ground before he can clear the contact zone, imo.
  20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,820 Messages
    1,605 Likes Received
    'Lil Beaz!

We need to start a thread count for 2014. I only think he has about 3-4so far in 2014. But any glimmer of real game success and we'll get them in large groups. He'll be int he 20s and 30s in no time. lol
    The lil guy has a strong following around here, that's for sure.