1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Scandrick says it's not the scheme -- it's executing in the scheme, including himself

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Dec 12, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

29,702 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Orlando Scandrick said it’s not a question of learning the scheme anymore – it’s performing in the scheme, including him.

“I don’t think there is any teaching at this point,” he said. “We just need to do a better job at executing and making plays. We didn’t do a job at executing and making plays the last game.”

Scandrick said he had a chance to make a play in the Monday night game against the Bears and didn’t.

“Me personally, there are plays in the game I would like to have back,” he said. “The first drive, I had a pass that was supposed to be intercepted by me, and I didn’t bring it in. I mis-timed my jump. As a defense, as a team and as individuals, we all have to look ourselves in the mirror and think, what can we do better to help this team?”

One thing the Cowboys can do is forget about the last game, Scandrick said.

“We don’t have a choice. Or, we have two choices,” he said. “You fold it in and get ready for the off-season, or you try and forget the last one and move forward.”

-- Carlos Mendez

Twitter @calexmendez

Continue reading...
  2. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,242 Messages
    573 Likes Received
    Perhaps Barry Church had a point when he pointed out that guys aren't taking their film study seriously enough. Not performing up to standards and then being sorry for it like Scandrick mentioned isn't going to do anything to solve the problem. Could it be that our players simply need to prepare better mentally before going onto the field and making fools of themselves? If that's the case like it seems to be, then they'd better get more serious about their jobs. Not doing your homework and being sorry afterward is the way of a fool. Hopefully, more of our players will take a subjective look at themselves and do what's necessary to turn themselves around.
  3. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,880 Messages
    1,892 Likes Received
    Blah, blah, blah.
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,247 Messages
    1,578 Likes Received
    Scandrick doesn't have the ball skills to execute any better than he does, and the LBs and safeties are so inexperienced that they are just never in the right position. The defense is helpless at this point.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    Unfotunately, this is true. With the LBs we've had out there in the second half yesterday, behind that line, there just isn't a chance. Church is probably our best LB right now. Wilber can play. Not sure we have an option at Will. I'd play with Church down from here on out unless there's a vet out there someplace with experience in the Chicago or a similar defense we can sign. And I don't think there is.

Scandrick's a stand up guy, though. I've always liked him, because he's always over-delivered, and I like him more this season. I doesn't take ish on the field, or off it, and he calls it like he sees it. I can respect that.