1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Scouting report: Chiefs get ready for Cowboys with ‘shutout’ in back pocket

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Sep 10, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

23,052 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    [CDATA[New attacking defense wants to make a statement against the Cowboys]]>

By Carlos Mendez

cmendez@star-telegram.com

The Kansas City Chiefs are calling what they did in Jacksonville last week a shutout.

Hard to blame them.

They gave up two points on a safety when a punt was blocked out of the end zone, but the defense did not let the Jaguars offense in the end zone. Zero points given up. That’s a shutout.

“I think the defense had a dominant game,” new Chiefs coach Andy Reid told Kansas City reporters. “They played really well and had a shutout or whatever is equivalent to that. They played with emotion, and I thought they carried that for four quarters which was impressive.”

Continue reading...
  2. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    The Cowboys are not Jacksonville. KC and the Sunshine band will find this out on Sunday, when like in all good cowboy movies the Cowboys open up a can of whip-*** on the Chiefs.
    Fletch likes this.
  3. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

2,978 Messages
    249 Likes Received
    I really don't know how to view KC.

They have a QB who could play well for them.

We will see.
  4. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

2,781 Messages
    940 Likes Received
    Chiefs will encounter the Dallas "Hells Kitchen" Cowboys. They're going down in flames!
  5. natedoug

natedoug Member

63 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    This will be a very hard game if the BOYs come out sluggish on offense and commit pe-snap penalties that put them in BAD down an distance situations. Hope Waters plays alot and they feed Murray early and often. Run zone LEFT a ton , hit the TE's ( Witten, Escobar, Hanna ) on mis-direction plays , and please get an early lead. We get up by 2 scores and put the pressure on Alex Smith to beat us ,, and the ball game is over. Cowboys 27 Chiefs 17
  6. KoRnyBrad

KoRnyBrad I am the Bat!

230 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I can see a positive for us is Andy Reid is the coach. We've played him many times before and know his style. We also beat his then Iggles 2x last year. =)
  7. GroundUp

GroundUp Member

218 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    It's only a shutout when it reads 0, don't care how they scored but they did. Dallas will score and Dallas will win. Jacksonville? Really?