1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Terrance Williams feels like he let people down, but he was trying to make a play

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

1,852 Messages
    1,438 Likes Received
    Agreed but Harris had a very costly drop too early in the game. Third and long Romo makes a nifty scramble and throw, Harris flat out drops it killing the drive and early momentum.
  2. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    Just as a DB needs to brush off giving up a big play. Although, the player doesn't want to do that again. Same as TO's.. I highly doubt any player or Romo just go " meh, turned the ball over, again, no big".. These are grown men, they know what is up.. But, the rooks? They are gonna need a little cuddling until they get some scars from the fields. I am completely fine with Williams starting and I hope he continues to improve while making less mistakes.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,868 Messages
    2,132 Likes Received
    Yeah. That was a bad one.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,453 Messages
    6,149 Likes Received
    So did Witten and Dez. All on third downs. Those are almost turnovers right there. Make those plays, rest the defense, take more time off the clock, give a bad SD defense more chances to make a mistake. If even one of those drives turned into 3 points, the Williams fumble would have been a game-loser instead of an afterthought.
  5. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,348 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    That's the recurring story for this offense. All those drops add up and probably cost us 10-14 points. I don't remember SD dropping one pass - i could be wrong on that...
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,453 Messages
    6,149 Likes Received
    It's pretty frustrating. Especially when it's Dez or Witten (though he was slightly interfered with, that ball bounced off his pads). In a game where you have to match Rivers in production, you can't kill three drives with unforced errors with your most sure-handed players dropping converting third downs.

It wasn't the QB though. All three of those were beautiful passes and good plays by Romo.
  7. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,661 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    The game on Sunday was no one persons fault. Everyone sucked in the 2nd half.:mad: