1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ST: Witten, at TMS to drive pace car, says Romo 'right on track to come back better than ever,...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Apr 6, 2014.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

25,034 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Jason Witten, who took in the Final Four with Tony Romo on Saturday night, said Romo is “right on track to come back better than ever, I assume.”

Witten said Romo is moving and recovering well from back surgery in December, which left him unable to play in the Week 17 game against Philadelphia for the NFC East championship.

“Seems like he’s excited to get back and get healthy,” Witten said Sunday at Texas Motor Speedway, where he was scheduled to drive the pace car for the start of the Duck Commander 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup race. “And I think all of us are eager to get going. I can’t speak for him, but I think everything’s on track. We’re excited for the offseason. We have a lot to prove. We know exactly what we have to do.”

Witten’s appearance at TMS is part of a campaign with the March of Dimes and driver Denny Hamlin.

“It’s pretty special,” Witten said. “Obviously, playing a role in the community is huge. What the No. 11 car is doing with the March of Dimes is something I completely support. I think it’s great. A few years back, I had the opportunity to be a part of it. What FedEx and Denny are trying to do, I think it’s great. It’s great to make a difference like that.”

Continue reading...
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
  2. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,280 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    its like ground hog day.
    Sportsbabe, Seven and cajuncocoa like this.