1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Stanford vs USC

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Yuma Cactus, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

707 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    I came across the SC vs Stanford game from Dec on NFL network last night and decided to watch it to take a look at DeCastro. What I saw was Decastro is very good when pulling and passing off blockers and trapping. He was double teaming with the C on many pass plays in which he did a good job. His weakness appeared to be the same as Dallas had last year, when asked to head up block a DT he was consistently pushed back into Luck. It was multiple defensive players who were able to collapse him. I also was not very impressed with the LT Martin. The person who was dominate was Nick Perry. He was a beast and made what was supposedly one of the best O-lines in the country look pedestrian. I am on the Perry bandwagon now and would love to see him with a star.
  2. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

707 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Barkley looks like a top 5 pick next year and Fleener just reminded me of a big slow WR.
  3. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,444 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    I'm watching the 2nd half of Stanford/ND...and DeCastro is not impressing me. A freshman DT knocked him back twice. He's aggressive, but clearly not one of his top games.
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,273 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    DeCastro wont be the pick so don't worry about it, but yeah, I'm a bit higher on Perry now than I was. Fleener did look good to me though.