1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Star: Cowboys' new coordinator sends loud, clear message

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Nov 20, 2010.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,196 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Cowboys' new coordinator sends loud, clear message
    Posted Thursday, Nov. 18, 2010
    By Jan Hubbard

jhubbard@star-telegram.com

IRVING -- As he prepared to become a head coach in the National Football League, Jason Garrett knew that he would be influenced by a variety of sources.

He did not know that one of them would be his bladder.

Smart men accept insight wherever it is found, however, and Garrett discovered that trips down the hallway past Paul Pasqualoni's office could be educational.

"From where my office is to where the bathroom is, I walk past his office," Garrett said. "Probably a handful of times every day since he's been back, I poke my head in and say, 'Hey, coach, tell me about this?' He'll tell me some Syracuse stories, some scheme things that can help.

"He'll talk about personnel. He's a football guy, has been for a long time. That's his reputation and we're awfully fortunate to have him here on staff running the defense."

Pasqualoni's past few years have been challenging. After three years with the Cowboys, he was hired as defensive coordinator by the Miami Dolphins in 2008. His defense played well the first year, but when it faltered in 2009, he was fired.

He returned to Dallas to coach the defensive line, but when Garrett replaced Wade Phillips on Nov. 8, Pasqualoni was promoted to defensive coordinator.

Players said he is the polar opposite of the soft-spoken and mild-mannered Phillips

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/11/18/2644115/cowboys-new-coordinator-sends.html#ixzz15nuzNTnW
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received