1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: star-telegram: Orlando Scandrick sees opportunity to play, cash in

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Aug 5, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,098 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick sees opportunity to play, cash in

The injury to Terence Newman has given third cornerback Orlando Scandrick an opportunity for playing time and a chance to cash in on a big deal in the offseason.

Scandrick is in the last year of his contract. If he looks good in Newman's spot, he could be tabbed to start there next season if not this season. Newman hopes to be back by the season opener but that is not promised.

Even still Scandrick gets a chance to showcase himself to other teams as well...

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...pportunity-to-play-cash-in.html#ixzz1U9L3r4aH
  2. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,178 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Man, he looks quick in camp and Scan will hit you Zoners in the mouth!
  3. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It be pretty dang good if we had both of our starting cornerbacks to be age 27 and 25 headed into the 2012 season. That 2008 draft class is looking as good as our special teams draft year looked bad.
  4. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I think that's still in question.

Is it possible that Martellus Bennett, Tashard Choice, Orlando Scandrick, Felix Jones and Mike Jenkins will be part of the long-term core of this team come next season? Absolutely.

Is it possible that only one or two of them will be on this team next season? Absolutely.

This is THE season for these guys to solidify their status. If not, we'll see at least half of them shuffled out.
  5. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,599 Messages
    854 Likes Received
    Attitude is 75% of a CB's game, Newman may well lose his job.

I'm gonna love watching this defense:)
  6. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,656 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    It looked like the light came on for Scandrick the last half of last year. He's a solid player, and a pretty good blitzer, so I think he's going to have a good year in this defense.