1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Stars, Rangers, and Mavs have been to 2 championships each since 1999...

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by dboy214, Oct 20, 2011.

1. dboy214

dboy214 Benched

3,122 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    do you think this keeps jerry up at night?
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Which franchise is still worth the most?

There's your answer.
  3. gmb85

gmb85 Active Member

1,486 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Hell no.
  4. Draegerman

Draegerman Internet Somebody

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    No, but if you had been born in this great city of Dallas during this period, it might give you reason to sleep better at night.
  5. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,889 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    Put a rangers WS game on at the same time as a Cowboys game and see what happens, I love the Rangers but if i had to chose it wouldn't be a choice at all, Cowboys first
  6. dboy214

dboy214 Benched

3,122 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you're right.

but keep up this mediocrity longer and it will change.

a whole generation has grown up knowing the cowboys solely as losers.

jerry is losing the city.
  7. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dallas will always be a football town. We could turn into the Lions and that wouldnt change.
  8. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,649 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
  9. gmb85

gmb85 Active Member

1,486 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Jerry's raking in the dough. He ain't losing anything.
  10. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Keeps you up at night to wallow in your chamber pot of maudlin posts.

The Stars, who you all owe to Minnesota for being too poor or stupid to keep a hockey team, Rangers, and Mavericks were sad sack losers when the Cowboys were racking up their championships.

Why don't you look at that side of the coin? Because it's too three dimensional for your two dimensional noodle? Or you know that and you're just trying to stir up trouble?
  11. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sadly, you've yet to grow up.
  12. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,695 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    I think the fact that they are winning and he's not put's enormous pressure on this organization. If we can pull our heads out, this could be the time of my life as a DFW resident.
  13. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I pull for all of those teams but the team I really love is the Cowboys!!! I'm really hoping the Cowboys make it to a Super Bowl again.
  14. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,131 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Stars, Mavs, and Rangers can make the championships every year for the next 10 years and it still won't equate to one Cowboys superbowl appearance.

Those 3 franchises are a distant 3rd to the Cowboys

So no, Jerry isn't up all night
  15. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    The cowboys have 5 Superbowls and Jerry has 3.

Do you think that keeps the owners of the other teams up at night?
  16. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I don't think it's that crazy to say Jerry could be losing the city, at least compared to the total dominance the Cowboys have always enjoyed. Unfortunately, this town is full of bandwagoners... That's what Troy was (politely) saying when stated that this isn't a football town, it's a winners' town.

To you DFW guys... I don't live in DFW but I'm close enough and am there all the time... Do you remember the city going this crazy for the Mavs like they are for the Rangers? Maybe it's because I'm not a Mavs fan anymore, but I really don't think so. Everywhere I go I see people in Rangers gear. I was at an Academy yesterday and it was insane how many people were in there buying Rangers stuff... It looked like Black Friday, for crying out loud.

Nationwide, it doesn't make any difference and of course the Cowboys are still as popular as ever. But ironically, in north Texas, people do seem to be switching over. Just watch how many Rangers caps you see in the stands at Jerryworld on Sunday.
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,909 Likes Received
    Jerry is up all night it just has nothing to do with the Rangers and Mavs. :D
  18. DallasGirl50

DallasGirl50 New Member

2,025 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have nothing to base it on..just opinion...but I feel Jerry is probably bothered a bit by the other local teams have championships while the Cowboys have floundered for some years. The sports world will be more focused on the Rangers this weekend & not the Cowboys. That rarely happens but it probably digs at him a little.
  19. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,745 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    It wouldn't bother me if I were in his shoes. In the NFL you don't get any best of 7 series it is one and done. How many of those teams would have made it if it were one and done?
  20. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dallas Cowboys and that won't ever change.