Start Romo against the Giants. Start Dak in all other games?

Discussion in 'Quarterback Zone' started by MarionBarberThe4th, Jan 2, 2017.

1. THEHEREAFTER

THEHEREAFTER Well-Known Member

4,272 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received

:hammer:

2. THEHEREAFTER

THEHEREAFTER Well-Known Member

4,272 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    What evidence do you have that Romo DOES give us a chance to reach the SB? While I do understand the allure of Romo, I actually have more confidence and trust to win with Dak based on all the evidence that I can possibly gather over the last decade including this season.

3. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

7,092 Messages
    8,341 Likes Received
    I'd have more confidence if Romo had actually led us to a SB.

jwitten82 likes this.
  4. Sepia

Sepia Well-Known Member

578 Messages
    1,318 Likes Received

David Irving says hi.

5. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

3,150 Messages
    580 Likes Received
    It never stops.

haleyrules likes this.
  6. romothesavior

romothesavior Well-Known Member

2,900 Messages
    3,144 Likes Received
    Stupid idea.

7. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

8,238 Messages
    5,746 Likes Received
    We should at least give Dak a chance to choke away playoffs games like we did Romo.

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  8. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet Zone Supporter

8,333 Messages
    5,899 Likes Received
    Because of all the rings on Romos fingers

haleyrules likes this.
  9. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Staff Member

33,334 Messages
    7,919 Likes Received
    TADA!

No applause..?

Tough crowd. :(

10. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Well-Known Member

966 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    I'd do it. I wouldn't announce it at all. The Giants would roll out and see #9 and realize all the game planning they did for Dak was completely wasted.

I know we will take flack for thinking outside the box but I have yet to hear a great reason why not. It's called catching your opponent off guard. It's the goal in every sport and every game. The only reason I hear why not is "because this is Daks team". This isn't even a thoughtful reason. There is no meat to that reasoning at all. What the hell does that even mean? And it's not even true. Isn't it everyone's team? The other reason I hear is because Dak will be Butt hurt and crumble because his ego is fragile. If he is really like that, which I don't think he is, I don't want him here because he will ultimately be that 1 year wonder QB that isn't even in the league in 4 years. Starting Romo out hurts nothing and only helps because if anything it catches the Giants off guard. You don't have to stick with it or you can if it's working.. it's like having an Ace in your hand and not even using it. How many teams even have the option of rolling out a pro bowl veteran gunslinger with a completely different style than their young pro bowl game manager? Answer: Zero

MarionBarberThe4th likes this.
  11. erod

erod Well-Known Member

15,690 Messages
    16,550 Likes Received
    Romo sees the game like an elite veteran professional QB. Dak, for now, sees the game like a senior at Mississippi State. He happens to have the best personnel in football, and he's poised, so it's worked well so far.

ChldsPlay likes this.
  12. erod

erod Well-Known Member

15,690 Messages
    16,550 Likes Received
    Romo is 5-0 against the Giants lately.

13. rwalters31

rwalters31 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    274 Likes Received
    The definition of INSANITY is repeating the same thing and expecting different results. The Giants have beat us like a drum with their defense. Sooo . . . lets try something different that they have not schemed for. Romo would be a good one along with McFad and Zeke in the back field at the same time.

14. PA Cowboy Fan

7,092 Messages
    8,341 Likes Received
    The definition of INSANITY is repeating the same thing and expecting different results. I agree. 2 playoff wins in 10 years. Time to start Dak.

haleyrules and jwitten82 like this.
  15. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

9,025 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    a better idea to the OP. Prescott plays on 1st and 3rd downs in the 1st and 3rd quarter, then switch it up for the 2nd and 4th quarters. The opposing defenses won't know what hit them!!!!

16. jwitten82

jwitten82 Well-Known Member

2,203 Messages
    1,993 Likes Received
    We beat the giants twice in 07 and they beat us in the playoffs

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  17. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

5,778 Messages
    2,815 Likes Received
    Okay, I'll defend the OP's position. When we played the Giants (and Vikings), what I saw was a DL that maintained discipline in their rush and forced Dak to stay in the pocket with no escape lanes. They played tight coverage on the back end and Dak was unwilling or unable to throw into those small windows. Against pretty much everyone else, Dak could escape the pocket when necessary and find an open man or make plays with his legs. Maybe they can fix it with designed rollouts, etc., this time. But if I'm put in a position where I need the QB to throw aggressively and accurately into small windows, Tony's my best bet at this particular moment in time. Now we'd probably trade more offense generated for a turnover or two, but on balance, one can imagine how Tony could be a better option against the Giants and only the Giants.

18. PA Cowboy Fan

7,092 Messages
    8,341 Likes Received
    And how many hits will Tony take playing against that Giants defense? If Dak can't escape it, I don't see how Tony does.

haleyrules likes this.
  19. haleyrules

haleyrules Well-Known Member

5,968 Messages
    16,298 Likes Received
    No worries. Tony won't be playing.

Trouty and PA Cowboy Fan like this.
  20. haleyrules

haleyrules Well-Known Member

5,968 Messages
    16,298 Likes Received
    Prescott led the club to a 13-2 season. He is the undisputed starting QB. End of story. He plays to the end. Its his team now.

Trouty and PA Cowboy Fan like this.