1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Starting FS-who's your pick

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BARRYRAY, May 26, 2006.

1. BARRYRAY

BARRYRAY Well-Known Member

1,279 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I'm going with Keith Davis, I think he will have worked on his cover skills, he was always a hitter, he starts opening day, who is you pick and why??
  2. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,069 Messages
    4,884 Likes Received
    I think Parcells' familiarity with Marcus Coleman gives him the inside track. If he doesn't flame out in training camp, he's my pick to start Week 1.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

83,325 Messages
    6,591 Likes Received
    I agree. I think his experiance at the position will help him nail down the job
  4. dal0789

dal0789 New Member

592 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I say Justin Beriault will shine in camp and preseason and take the starting role of FS. But if that dosent happen I say it will be Marcus Coleman in the first half and then Pat Wakins/Keith Davis/ Wille Pile and Justin Beriault taking over FS, but once agian we wont have an idea of who will be our FS for the following season.
  5. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    My $ is on Coleman. Davis will dedicate his time to ST
  6. Big Country

Big Country Rolling Thunder

3,716 Messages
    4 Likes Received

I agree with you... "Killa" Davis gets the starting nod... along with Marcus Coleman on nickel downs, and finally Davis giving way to Watkins later in the year after the defense goes top 3 in stats and performance... CRYSTAL BALL!! Poof!!
  7. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

35,154 Messages
    5,209 Likes Received
    I think Coleman to start the season... The fact is I don't think Coleman is "all-that" I just see Davis as a strong safety playine weak safety.

I'm thinking Watkins to finish it.
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

83,325 Messages
    6,591 Likes Received
    Coleman may not be a pro bowler but he is a solid player, I like Davis but if he was all that then we would not have been saying that FS needed an upgrade. I can't think of anyone who felt at the end of last season that FS was in good shape. In the end Watkins is our best hope for the future
  9. DMX690

DMX690 Active Member

596 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Early in the season i think you will see Davis start in running situation and Coleman come in on Nickle and Dime formations. Watkins will only play on special teams.
  10. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am hopeful that Beriault and Watkins will battle it out in camp for the starting spot. I don't care who wins it so long as whoever it is actually wins the spot.

Davis doesn't have it and Coleman was brought in as insurance.
  11. K-DOGG

K-DOGG Member

133 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I'd go with Coleman so Davis can be completely focused on special teams!!!! I expect him (Davis) to make the Pro Bowl on special teams this season.
  12. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

7,648 Messages
    1,028 Likes Received
    I think Davis will start Week 1 in the base defense with Coleman possibly as his replacement in nickel and dime defenses.
  13. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,392 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Agreed. Hopefully by mid season Watkins is starting and catching fly balls back there.
  14. TEK2000

TEK2000 New Member

2,152 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Any one of Watkins, Beriault, or Coleman will be fine... so long as it is not Keith Davis. If Davis is the starter... then we wasted money on Coleman and a draft pick on Watkins. Davis is NOT what we need playing opposite of Roy.

I'm pulling for Watkins myself.
  15. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

45,145 Messages
    3,302 Likes Received
    Coleman to week 6, then Watkins.
  16. Murph80

Murph80 Member

974 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Coleman but it would be nice to see Watkins. Berry-O should be backing up Roy at SS not playing FS.
  17. RealCowboyfan

RealCowboyfan Championship

4,587 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Coleman... His experience could set it off... but Pat Watkins might just get the start and Coleman might back up like they did Aaron Glenn...
  18. BlueStar II

BlueStar II New Member

1,813 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Parcells will view it as Davis' job to lose, and unless someone ourperforms Davis either during TC and/or the preseason games, I feel that Parcells will give the nod to Davis. I see Coleman as being mainly a backup guy even though he does have experience.
  19. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,984 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    My thoughts exactly. It would be nice, however, for Watkins to excel from day 1 and amaze everyone. That probably won't happen; however, he could be decent enough by mid-season to win the starting job.
  20. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,296 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    I like this Beriault kid, want to see what he has to show this pre-season. I hope Watkins get the BP motivation factor going and becomes a big part of the nickle and dime package. Not sold on Coleman, but maybe after his rehab he could have a small comeback...Davis is a speial teams star and a good backup for Roy.

All in all I would hope the youth pans out....Roy at SS with Davis at backup... Beriault or Watkins starting/backing up at FS. How many safties will we carry ?

If Coleman or Pile make the squad we have to pay for their whole season, even if cut later...Something to do with them being a Vet.